Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have come to hate the south

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 250 Replies
5 moms liked this

We moved here a year ago and I hate it.  All these people talk about how nice and hospitable everyone in the south is.  Have you ever lived here or had to work down here?  Seriously Saying god bless after you do things a thousand times worse than anyone back home would ever dream of doing does not make you any less horrible. Telling someone after there family member was killed that they should have known better than to own a bar because god hates bars is not useful or needed during their time of grief.  The backyard BBQs and get togethers with friends.  I call BS on those too!  I tried to have a few it turned out to be a bunch of people that show up eat your food and trash talk you the whole time but they say things like bless your heart and dear things so that some how makes it ok. 

I am sorry the whole south may not be like this but in the past year I have yet to see anything that resembles this kinder more polite south that everyone seems to talk about.  Where is it because honestly all I see is rude people that hide behind saying god bless to be a thousand times worse than anyone I have ever meet in my entire life.

Sorry rant over.  I just about had it when an entire room of people blamed my nephews murder on him working on a bar and how godless that is but thought it was ok to say this because they said bless your heart after.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cajun_lady_swla
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
4 moms liked this
Where on earth are you??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
6 moms liked this

Who are you hanging out with?!?  LOL It's time to find a new crowd.  I've lived in the south my whole life and I've never come across that.  Sorry that happened to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Northern Alabama is the best place in the south:-).

East Limestone baby!!!
momma-flynn
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
4 moms liked this

This & get some new friends. Assholes are everywhere, it's not a regional thing. There are plenty of good people in the south.  

Quoting cajun_lady_swla:

Where on earth are you??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Sounds awful! Where are you?
stefvan
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
5 moms liked this

I love the south.  I wouldn't live anywhere else!  I've been to many place and the south is the friendliest place around.  And, I've never heard anyone say anything about God and bars.  But, we do say "God doesn't like ugly" if our children aren't behaving.

mrsfred07
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM
O.o Where are you? I'm sorry to hear about your family member..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stefvan

My dh is from Muscle Shoals.  I guess that's west of you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Northern Alabama is the best place in the south:-).

East Limestone baby!!!

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Ive never lived anywhere else than the deep south and ive never experienced people like this.

Where the hell do you live?
mas2124
5 moms liked this

I am very, very sorry people have been incosiderate for you loss.

We southerners are definately a culture all in our own.

I'd say we invented passive agressiveness.

God Bless your dear, sweet heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)