Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

told my dd was too smart for pre k

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM
  • 100 Replies
Ok so i take my 4yo twin dd' s in for their pre k evaluation today. They have a green yellow and red light chart that measures the intelligence of a child. You can score 0-57. 0-20 is below average 20-40 is average 40+ is above average. Well dd #1 scores a 50. I am told that they would love to take her since she is a delight but unfortunately they are only taking children who are average to below average and would benefit more from pre k. It sucks :( well then dd #2 comes out and they tell me she scored a 38. Dd#2 was diagnosed with an articulation disorder at easter seals. They say that since her speech is at a basic 2 yo's level she will need another eval next fri. Her language skills are great and she knows what people are saying and what shes trying to say she just cant get it to come out of her mouth correctly. So now im going to have to look into another pre k for dd#1 so ill have twin 4yo's in different preschools in different towns plus a 2nd and 3rd grader in school. How the hell am i gona be at all those places on time for all the kids lol i guess ill just have to become supermom and do it.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM
I'm sorry but I never heard prek can refuse a childs education. I don't know but I guess its me. My ds is 3 and he is in prek but he doesn't act like 3 tho. My dd on the other hand she is 1 and does what a 2 year old does.
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but I never heard prek can refuse a childs education. I don't know but I guess its me. My ds is 3 and he is in prek but he doesn't act like 3 tho. My dd on the other hand she is 1 and does what a 2 year old does.

When there are 50 kids and 6 slots open they go based on who needs it most.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Is this head start?

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Is this head start?

No.
LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM
3 moms liked this

cant you ut both in a different school then?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Pre-k isn't like that here. When you turn 4 you just go.
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Quoting LittleBirdFly:

cant you ut both in a different school then?

Im going to look into it but most ive called have slots open for either special needs or "normal" students not both
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM
O.

Quoting lauren.m:

Quoting Anonymous:

When there are 50 kids and 6 slots open they go based on who needs it most.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Good luck. Personally, if it caused that much stress I'd just not put them in pre-school if I didn't need to to work.

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM
It sucks that they can't be together and that now you'll be running all over town(s) but maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Hopefully both of your girls will thrive in separate preschools and get to come back together in Kindergarten and be thrilled to be together again (in school.)

I don't have twins but my boys are at each others throats if they're together constantly for a long while.

You can do this!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)