Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My body, not your religion .. .

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Hahaha. Love it. I just tell people my MIL is a Jehovah's Witness, they back away very quickly like I have the plague. LOL!

daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

So, when they start taking my taxes to fund abortions (and they will soon), why will it be fair to force me to pay for something I'm against? You preach about how people shouldn't force you, and it's your right. So, it's not my right to not have to fund it?

Do I get the option of picking and choosing which things my taxes should and should not go to?  There are things that I am morally against that MY taxes pay for.  Why does YOUR religious belief deserve and exemption, but not mine?

ImATERRORIST
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Can I tell her what I'd like to do with her body?? ** wiggles eyebrows** haha
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

So, when they start taking my taxes to fund abortions (and they will soon), why will it be fair to force me to pay for something I'm against? You preach about how people shouldn't force you, and it's your right. So, it's not my right to not have to fund it?

Actually, it's not. Once you pay those taxes to the government, it's not your money any more. If it was, I would be able to make sure my taxes didn't go to fund war.

Also, it never has been and never will be legal for taxes to fund abortions.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Want ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm alright with it. Seems all the douchebags are going to heaven. You guys get Rick Perry and Michelle Bachman to spend eternity with. We get Kurt Cobain, Steve Jobs, and Elton John. Hell will be so awesome.

Quoting Anonymous:

its sad how many people are going to hell, and dont even know it. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2bell
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a stupid shirt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do I get the option of picking and choosing which things my taxes should and should not go to?  There are things that I am morally against that MY taxes pay for.  Why does YOUR religious belief deserve and exemption, but not mine?

Religious belief? It's just a belief. Religious or not...Besides, it's not your body. It's another body too. 

stefvan
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I only see a red x.

twisted_charlie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Eh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)