Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When should I be worried? Update and update 2 last update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
I'm 32 weeks pregnant and at my last appointment which was Wednesday my blood pressure was 150/104 had a bunch of tests done got a 24-hour urine test done protein in my urine we are going to check it again I have a lot of swelling which I told my doctor two weeks ago and she blew it off and said not worry about it last night I ran to Walmart to get a few groceries for the kids and check it it was 166/98 Well I came home have been resting every sense and my hubby bought me a blood pressure machine for here at the house I have been laying all morning got up went pee open the box checked it it was 155/101 I get shortness of breath and my heart beats is really fast starts I don't know if I start to panic myself when I start to feel bad but I just try to lay on my left side and relax until it goes away last night it really scared me and I thought about going to the ER my doctor said not call unless I start having really bad headaches which I haven't had yet Now hubby is out of town and I'm left alone with three kids it just freaks me out that something will go wrong and no one will know And just to add I live six hours from everyone I have one friend who is very busy and no family at all Just please someone tell me you're going or have went through stuff like this and I will be fine

Update
Well I'm in the hospital there keeping me for Atleast 4 to 6 hours if not longer Depending on my blood pressure they just checked it it was 170/102 so it's going up not down and they gave blood-pressure medicine and its not working or hasn't kicked in yet so I guess we wait thanks everyone for the Replies and ill keep you updated when I know more

Update
It's 10:00 and they check my blood pressure at 9 and it has just gone up it was 180/101 they said if it don't go down they are sending me to a bigger hospital (I live in a small town) to be Induced :( so prayers for me and my little man pls

Update
It's Saturday 4:30 they finally got my blood pressure to go down and stay down they are sending me home im on bed rest and the meds but things are looking better thanks everyone for all the positive replies and prayers!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Id call again. It is a myth that dangerously high bp always has a headache.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Sorry was just reading over it is kind of scramble and a lot of things are misspelled I'm on my cell phone and to lazy to go back and edit it lol
atyou
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Pre e is not something to mess around with.

Go in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM
My doctor is kind of a bitch okay no she is one and she's the only one we live in a small town or I would have to drive 45 miles so I don't have a choice but to use her She acted concerned when she seen my blood pressure but other than that she just kind of blew me off and about drives me nuts I'm just not sure if I should consider going to the ER if this happens again like I said hubby just left out of town and I really got myself in a panic last night I tried to stay calm but it just scares me

Quoting teri4lance:

Id call again. It is a myth that dangerously high bp always has a headache.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM
See that's what I thought I just don't want to feel like a dumbass and go in and then they just send me home saying it's nothing I had it with my first six years ago and my good doctor at the time put me in the hospital the moment he seen how high my blood pressure was but my doctor now just told me come back on Monday unless I get the really bad headaches I just feel like they will think I'm over exaggerating if I go and I know it's dumb and I know none of you are doctors I'm just trying to calm myself down into thinking that I'll be fine until Monday

Quoting atyou:

Go in.

atyou
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM
I wouldn't risk it. Pre e escalates quickly.

Wishing you the very best.

Quoting Anonymous:

See that's what I thought I just don't want to feel like a dumbass and go in and then they just send me home saying it's nothing I had it with my first six years ago and my good doctor at the time put me in the hospital the moment he seen how high my blood pressure was but my doctor now just told me come back on Monday unless I get the really bad headaches I just feel like they will think I'm over exaggerating if I go and I know it's dumb and I know none of you are doctors I'm just trying to calm myself down into thinking that I'll be fine until Monday

Quoting atyou:

Go in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Actually a lot of people who have high BP don't show any symptoms of it. I'd go get it checked again. Prolonged high BP isn't healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM
If all it takes to get her to pay attn is having a headache too, tell her you have a headache....its not like she could tell if you do or dont.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

When mine was bad I would get dizzy and fall down along with the headaches I would call and go get checked out and get a second opinion if need be. Sorry you are going through this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM

My dr told me I was fine and to lay on my left side and to relax. I did that and when I got up to pee one time I got dizzy and passed out, I was alone with my sd at the time, my husband was out of town also. It isn't something to play around with and the only thing that can fix it is delivery. I would not chance it at all. After my dr did that I got another one who immediately put me into the hospital. My health and my babies health should always be taken seriously no matter if it seems like a little deal or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting atyou:

Go in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured