Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ds missed school because of this today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies
1 mom liked this
They shut off electric off early this morning before my alarm went off. It's set to 6. I woke up at 10:00 to ds waking me up. And I'm like holy crap the sun is up what the hell. So I call dh and he tells me he paid the bill and to get the recipt an call them. So I call and give them holy hell cause we paid the bill. And they apologize and they see on our account that we did in fact pay the bill. I said its really not ok because of this ds missed school today and I can't take him cause we only have one car and dh has it. Livid yes people make mistakes but this is not the first time this is has happened with this company. It's the second time this year. We always pay the bill in full on time. Always.
Now dh has the car and he doesn't work near by so he can't just come home and pick up ds, take him to school and drive back. We live out in the country so we don't have neighbors and the few friends I do have in town work as well. So ds didn't got to school today. Long weekend for ds as he also has off on Monday for a teacher work day.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Bet your kid is thrilled!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Ok so he misses one.day of school big deal?
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM
4 moms liked this

So your car is there in the morning? Your DH got up in time for work though and didn't wake you before you left?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Yes he was but at first he thought he was in trouble cause I was mad. Not at him of course. He's in k so he's still little and didn't understand.

Quoting atyou:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! I wish I could sleep until 10 even if it was on accident. If my kids don't wake me up by 8 my body does...lol.

Quoting atyou:

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd be ticked off! They have some nerve!!! I always pay mine online and have it send the confirmation number to my email AND take a pic of it with my cell so I have the confirmation in two places incase that kind of crap ever happens to us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Considering that dh gets up at 4 and leaves the house at 4:30 no I was not up and there's no way I'm going to wake up at that time for no reason.

Quoting rosemagic01:

So your car is there in the morning? Your DH got up in time for work though and didn't wake you before you left?

juniebug11
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Well enjoy your day off! It may have been a mistake, can't stay mad at day. It could have happened for a reason, never know :)
BabySocks0912
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
No big deal mama! It happens :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM

If the electricity was turned off, how did your dh get to work on time ? Why didn't he wake you up before he left ? Didn't he realize you would need the car ? That doesn't make sense.

And ya, I'd pitch a fit at the electricity company, what they did was uncalled for, especially since you paid the bill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)