Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People are s****y!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

So, we had to PCS. We deiced to move ourselves, well the move didn't turn out like it was suppose to. We were traveling for 4 days to get to our new duty station. Along the way we stayed at some pretty shitty hotels because all the real nice ones did not allow pets and well we have one small dog. After we packed up the truck/cars/ect we were on our way. Well, SOMEHWERE along the way my daughter left her homemade baby blanket that she has had since she was born. We got to the new house and I realized that I couldn't find it. So I called up ALL the hotels begging and praying that ONE of them had it. Well the last hotel we stayed at that we ALL remember seeing the baby blanket, was charging my account for stolen hangers. Well, I fought them on it because we did not take the hangers. Well, after I got my money returned I had to call back and ask if they had seen the baby blanket or if someone turned one in. I am SURE it was left there because that is the last time all 4 of us saw it. I BEGGED and cried for them to look again and again and maybe see if the people who stayed in the room after us had taken or even seen it. They wouldn't do it. So now, my 6 year olds baby blanket is gone for ever and I feel like a shitty mother for not making sure it was placed back in the suitcase! I've cried for weeks over this! my daughter has cried, wanting her blanket! I just feel like they do not want to look or give it back all because I fought them on a charge to my account, on something we did not do. Hell, they could keep the 50 bucks, just return my daughters blanket it!!! Ughhhhhh I find it shitty, when people take from a child! This blanket can not be replaced, it was home made by my mother! I even told them this, I will give a reward for it.....But still nothing!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
atyou
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey Momma.....let it go. Shit happens.

When you do....she will.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM

That they are shitty. 

MrsImperfect
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Unfortunately something sentimental is only sentimental to the person who owns it not anyone else. So they dont care. Ive lost a bunch of sentimental things of my kids that my grandmother had made them and shes passed. It hurts. Sorry that happened!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annismom10
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM
They wanted $50 for hangers?
I'm with pp. Crying won't bring it back.
You have to be stronger for your daughter. Make a new one together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM
It was probably tossed before they even charged your account. Don't take it personally,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM

It does hurt. Personally, I could never keep something that didn't belong to me. But, I guess everyone is different. out of the things that could have been taken during this move, why did it have to be the ONE thing that can NOT be replaced. Sorry, it just still gets to me.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Unfortunately something sentimental is only sentimental to the person who owns it not anyone else. So they dont care. Ive lost a bunch of sentimental things of my kids that my grandmother had made them and shes passed. It hurts. Sorry that happened!

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I doubt anyone took it; it probably got thrown away if you did truly leave it there.

Time to have a gentle talk with your DD about things not equaling love.  You have to help her move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Unfortunately you have got to let it go. That is why I do not let my children get attached to inanimate objects and honestly your daughter is too old to be walking around with a blanket. In order to make her feel better you are going to have to get over it and crying wont help. Is your mother still alive? I'm asking because maybe its possible you all can make one together... Just a thought.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN