Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She gets paid, but I get nothing?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband works for his family's company and has for a very long time. I'm a SAHM, used to do web design and still do for friends occasionally. My DH designed their website a long time ago before I started doing it. He is not trained in it and you can imagine it wasn't very... (sorry hubby)... appealing to the eye.

I spent a lot of time redesigning their site, rewriting their content, implemented social media, designed new graphics, SEO etc. I still manage their blog (research and write posts) as well as their social media. I got paid nothing for this, except for love and gratitude from my hubby. His family knew I did "most of the work" (I let them think DH did some of it, but I did it all) and they've never said a word to me. Fine. I really don't care.

But then his aunt starts working for the company (her dad, the founder, is old as dirt - he started the business 50+ years ago and she's never done a damn thing there).You can imagine why she developed an interest in daddy dearest's successful business.

Anyway, her unemployed girlfriend started scooting papers around a desk for a few hours a week... mostly just socializing... and she gets paid.

But I don't even get a thank you?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (11-15):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Have you ever seen Waiting to Exhale?

NEVER let anyone take credit for your work lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM

It's possible that they don't realize how much effort it took... although the site clearly isn't a Joomla throw together. 

Quoting BuzyMommy35:

Is it possible they think your dh did most of The work and you just helped Maybe they just don't know...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM

lmao! point taken

Quoting Litlmama87:

Have you ever seen Waiting to Exhale?

NEVER let anyone take credit for your work lol

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Speak up, have a sit down with them and tell them you are having to give up paying gigs to keep up their site and you would like to came to an agreement on payment. They have not needed to pay you so far so I am sure they think you do not want to be paid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Speak up. Tell them you want to get paid or you will stop doing it. Let them know that it will slow down traffic if you are no longer doing it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)