Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Because it's Pit Bull Awareness Month.... Edited with more pics

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

DH and I have decided to go ahead and adopt another pit bull from the humane society. This is Bonnie. She is 3 years old, great with children and other dogs. we are going to meet her today. We already have a 5 year old male pit bull named Barney, so I think they would be perfect BFFs.

Just letting everyone know that October is National Pit Bull awareness month so a lot of shelters and humane societys are waiving the fees for adopting ANY pit bull or pit bull mix. it will be FREE to bring Bonnie home. i cant wait to go meet her today!

ETA: pics of Barney

he is the BEST with the girls.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2AlexAraya
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM
She's adorable! I have a 6 month old blue named Diva.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Awwww. I didn't know it was pit month.
I want another one. DH says no way. We will have to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dakotasmom12103
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Love the pink outfit!!

wyattsmom2009
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I did not know it was Pitt Bull Month. We have 2 full Pits and a 1/2 Pit, 1/2 Lab. We love our dogs

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Shelters around here won't carry pits. They put them down as soon as they are brought in. We looked at a ton before we adopted our pittie off craigslist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iheartmycinco
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my love Zeus. I also have a brown pit named Zena (brother and sister) but she won't stay still. Lol. Bonnie is adorable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iheartmycinco
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Some shelters here are the same way. It makes me so made, but we also have pit only rescues.

Quoting nocalmegan:

Shelters around here won't carry pits. They put them down as soon as they are brought in. We looked at a ton before we adopted our pittie off craigslist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I'm having to be aware of so many things this month. Do any of the other months have this much "awareness" or are we oblivious all those other months?
anon1986East
by Kali on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I wish I had room for another dog, I already have a 2 year old pit mix and I've arranged to get a female pit in the near future - she was just born a week ago. Her mother got loose and my asshole neighbor had trapped her, he's a bitter old man, and I saw him hit her. I went right over there and told him to get the hell away from the dog, I took her and brought her to my house and called the number on her tag. Her owner and I exchanged contact info and he called me when the puppies were born and told me I could have my pick of the litter in exchange for saving them and their mom (she was pregnant at the time that I got her away from my crazy ass neighbor).

Still I'd love to have 4 dogs like I used to have, but 4 is just too many with 5 kids in the house too.

crystal_88
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

THIS IS MY ZUES..HE IS 4 THIS MONTH 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)