Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tasteless Holloween decorations

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone have some pretty tasteless Halloween decorations in their town? Or maybe some that cause controversy? Here is one that is causing quite a stir in my town.Also out of curiosity, what are your thoughts about this?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
daiseymae2
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't make me think of suicide like others have posted. It's hands and feet are tied. Makes me think of a cheesy horror movie. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I guess I didn't notice that.

My neighbors son hung himself in their front yard tree on Father's Day 2011. That's what came to my mind.

I would not decorate that way.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Tell me, do a ton of people tie up their own hands and feet before committing suicide? 

This is clearly a "lynch mob" hanging, not a suicide one. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't like it. Suicide is not something I would ever portray on Halloween. It's not fun, it's sad.

violetlady
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM
It's creepy ... But that's the purpose right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
People in our town don't freak over silly things like Halloween decorations. You can't put unicorns and fairies out for decoration for halloween. Gah, its the day of the DEAD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

I could see why it could stir up some stuff, but I see no issue. Its not as if they have this up all year, mocking people. Some people seriously need to get their panties out of a bunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I find the ghosts in the background to be tasteless. At least the hanging guy is more original and spooky.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM
What's the issue with that?
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I think people need to get a grip. If their precious snowflakes are bothered by something like that then they have much bigger issues to worry about than Halloween decorations.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

How are y'all getting suicide from that?  His arms and legs are tied up, it looks like he was hung not that he killed himself.  Its Halloween, decorations are supposed to be scary.  If you don't like it don't look.  I had a mom get upset with our decorations a few years ago. We put out tombstones, lay skeletons in the yard, ghosts, the works.  That year we had an animated sleleton inside a coffin.  She gave us dirty looks everytime she saw us.  DH told her that if she had a problem with it they didn't have to look at them.  There were no rules against decorations wher we lived and we were not going to take away Halloween fun from our children just because someone didn't like it.

Aphrodisiac
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM

LOL that is funny

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

We had someone who had something like this but it was hanging by its "feet" from the roof of the house lol. Cops made him take it down fearing ppl would get distracted driving. It was pretty funny though lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured