Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tacky? Babyshower related**--OMG UPDATE!!!!!!!! More tacky?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just read this on a friends status of facebook...

I thought it was kind of tacky because she truly asks for SO MUCH. This isn't her first child and EVERY status she posts is a whiney pregnancy status or how she needs soooo much help and stuff.

So what do you think.....

We are having a cookout / baby shower on saturday October 13th at 4 pm! We will have plenty of food and drinks for you to enjoy yourself! All we ask is you at least bring a pack of baby diapers and a pack of wipes !!!

HERE IS HER NEW STATUS!!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY!

I need a head count for my baby shower/ cookout this Saturday! text or message me on here and let me know please!!! Everyone is invited if you don't want to bring a special gift for the babies please bring a pack of diapers and wipes! We are using Huggies or pampers !

**Also allow me to add:

1. We aren't "friend, friends" anymore since she moved and totally changed; so Idgaf what you think of me.

2. Obviously, I'm NOT going because I live far away.

3. She's not **just** asking for SPECIFIC diapers and wipes. She's posted her THREE (3) REGISTRIES as an EVENT on facebook; keeps sending invites to them and posts them even now and again to her wall.

4. She's FIFTEEN WEEKS PREGNANT!

5. She's basically saying that if you don't bring either Papmpers or Huggies stuff, you can't come to the party and it'd be nice to bring an extra special gift.....oh and look at all 3 of my registries and bring that, too.

6. Lastly, shortly after I posted this; she messaged me and asked me to make her a "couple" of baby blankets.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
It's tacky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this

I think that facebook invites, in and of themselves are tacky.

If you want to invite me send a damn invitation or pick up the phone.

safi
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
!!!!

Quoting KWnavywife:

Yep that's pretty tacky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM

sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh...allow me to mention....they were TTC....and ended up with twins but can't even afford one......

Jeezus.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, rude. can't afford your baby, don't have one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Yes!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that facebook invites, in and of themselves are tacky.

If you want to invite me send a damn invitation or pick up the phone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM

actually no I don't find it rude or tacky at all. its not like she is asking for big or expensive gifts. just a pack of diapers and wipes which is pretty cheap. sounds like a good deal and good idea to me!

conweis
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Not too much to ask. I wouldn't have done it for my shower but I would have bought 700 wipes from Walmart for her shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missy13d69
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't support it by going, but if that's what she wants to do, more power to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

really all she needed to do was word it differently. there are lots of couple that throw diaper bashes. i just wish people would go back to paper invites. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this

WTF.

Nothing says welcome baby like a burger upon arrival!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured