Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tacky? Babyshower related**--OMG UPDATE!!!!!!!! More tacky?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just read this on a friends status of facebook...

I thought it was kind of tacky because she truly asks for SO MUCH. This isn't her first child and EVERY status she posts is a whiney pregnancy status or how she needs soooo much help and stuff.

So what do you think.....

We are having a cookout / baby shower on saturday October 13th at 4 pm! We will have plenty of food and drinks for you to enjoy yourself! All we ask is you at least bring a pack of baby diapers and a pack of wipes !!!

HERE IS HER NEW STATUS!!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY!

I need a head count for my baby shower/ cookout this Saturday! text or message me on here and let me know please!!! Everyone is invited if you don't want to bring a special gift for the babies please bring a pack of diapers and wipes! We are using Huggies or pampers !

**Also allow me to add:

1. We aren't "friend, friends" anymore since she moved and totally changed; so Idgaf what you think of me.

2. Obviously, I'm NOT going because I live far away.

3. She's not **just** asking for SPECIFIC diapers and wipes. She's posted her THREE (3) REGISTRIES as an EVENT on facebook; keeps sending invites to them and posts them even now and again to her wall.

4. She's FIFTEEN WEEKS PREGNANT!

5. She's basically saying that if you don't bring either Papmpers or Huggies stuff, you can't come to the party and it'd be nice to bring an extra special gift.....oh and look at all 3 of my registries and bring that, too.

6. Lastly, shortly after I posted this; she messaged me and asked me to make her a "couple" of baby blankets.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Replies (171-180):
kris_81
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Tacky & trashy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgreyling09
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Ruuuuuude
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Why don't you use facebook to get their address? Don't you need an address to send out thank you cards after the party anyway?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have many of their numbers. I don't use my phone often, and the internet is how I communicate with people. It's like that for everyone, at least the people I know, everyone's on the internet and checking facebook several times. It's a good, easy way to communicate.

Quoting Anonymous:

You couldn't call and ASK for their address? Seriously, your friends are as tacky as you. No etiquette. It's going away and it's sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

I invited "people off the internet" to the kids' birthday party...I don't have addresses and everyone on the guest list has a Facebook, so I went ahead and created an event. It's worked for the last 3 years, so I don't see the problem. Better than mailing invitations, to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

First, you don't throw yourself a shower. Second, you don't invite people off the Internet. Third, you don't beg for gifts, and fourth you don't specify a certain brand name.

Quoting Anonymous:

ya again I don't find it tacky or rude. I find it smart. I personally wouldn't do it myself. It would come across better if it had been posted by somebody other then herself, like a host. but whatever. I would still go and still bring what she asked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM

well it sounds like tho she is making an option tho for those that can't afford a bigger more expensive gift or don't want to. I agree it would sound better coming from somebody other then herself. she should have had some kind of host that could have handled all this and got all this info out. but she doing it herself so it gonna come across as kind of tacky to some people. personally, depending on how close I was to her, I would still go. but I would just bring a package of diapers and leave it at that and go and have a good time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, she's doing the extra gift thing more subtly!

She's posted all 3 of her gift registries via. an "event" on FB and keeps "inviting" everyone and posting them on her FB.

Quoting Anonymous:

eh everybody has a different opinion of what is acceptable and what isn't. like I said, this is not something I would do myself. but I wouldn't be offended or find it rude or tacky if others did. I would have absolutely no problem going to a baby shower like this. its not like she is asking for big expensive gifts. just a package of diapers. I would actually prefer to go to a baby shower like this then 1 where I am expected to buy a big expensive gift. but thats just me. everybody is different. I still stand by my opinion.

Quoting Anonymous:

First, you don't throw yourself a shower. Second, you don't invite people off the Internet. Third, you don't beg for gifts, and fourth you don't specify a certain brand name.

Quoting Anonymous:

ya again I don't find it tacky or rude. I find it smart. I personally wouldn't do it myself. It would come across better if it had been posted by somebody other then herself, like a host. but whatever. I would still go and still bring what she asked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I put thank you notes in the goody-bags. I'm not a sit down and make up cards and invitations kind of person. I don't think I've ever even sent Christmas cards.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you use facebook to get their address? Don't you need an address to send out thank you cards after the party anyway?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have many of their numbers. I don't use my phone often, and the internet is how I communicate with people. It's like that for everyone, at least the people I know, everyone's on the internet and checking facebook several times. It's a good, easy way to communicate.

Quoting Anonymous:

You couldn't call and ASK for their address? Seriously, your friends are as tacky as you. No etiquette. It's going away and it's sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

I invited "people off the internet" to the kids' birthday party...I don't have addresses and everyone on the guest list has a Facebook, so I went ahead and created an event. It's worked for the last 3 years, so I don't see the problem. Better than mailing invitations, to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

incognito116
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

15 weeks?  Why so early?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:55 PM

SMDH.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

You should cut out a 50% off coupon for the Goodwill store and send that in a card...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:56 PM
I think its tacky. But I knew and girl that txt me to come to her shower when it had been a year since we talked hell I didn't even know she was pregnant! She only wanted me to come cause we have money.
IPutThemFirst
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Holy crud that does sound tacky..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN