Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tacky? Babyshower related**--OMG UPDATE!!!!!!!! More tacky?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just read this on a friends status of facebook...

I thought it was kind of tacky because she truly asks for SO MUCH. This isn't her first child and EVERY status she posts is a whiney pregnancy status or how she needs soooo much help and stuff.

So what do you think.....

We are having a cookout / baby shower on saturday October 13th at 4 pm! We will have plenty of food and drinks for you to enjoy yourself! All we ask is you at least bring a pack of baby diapers and a pack of wipes !!!

HERE IS HER NEW STATUS!!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY!

I need a head count for my baby shower/ cookout this Saturday! text or message me on here and let me know please!!! Everyone is invited if you don't want to bring a special gift for the babies please bring a pack of diapers and wipes! We are using Huggies or pampers !

**Also allow me to add:

1. We aren't "friend, friends" anymore since she moved and totally changed; so Idgaf what you think of me.

2. Obviously, I'm NOT going because I live far away.

3. She's not **just** asking for SPECIFIC diapers and wipes. She's posted her THREE (3) REGISTRIES as an EVENT on facebook; keeps sending invites to them and posts them even now and again to her wall.

4. She's FIFTEEN WEEKS PREGNANT!

5. She's basically saying that if you don't bring either Papmpers or Huggies stuff, you can't come to the party and it'd be nice to bring an extra special gift.....oh and look at all 3 of my registries and bring that, too.

6. Lastly, shortly after I posted this; she messaged me and asked me to make her a "couple" of baby blankets.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this

You really think these broads will send a thank you note? They can't even send a proper invite, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you use facebook to get their address? Don't you need an address to send out thank you cards after the party anyway?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have many of their numbers. I don't use my phone often, and the internet is how I communicate with people. It's like that for everyone, at least the people I know, everyone's on the internet and checking facebook several times. It's a good, easy way to communicate.

Quoting Anonymous:

You couldn't call and ASK for their address? Seriously, your friends are as tacky as you. No etiquette. It's going away and it's sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

I invited "people off the internet" to the kids' birthday party...I don't have addresses and everyone on the guest list has a Facebook, so I went ahead and created an event. It's worked for the last 3 years, so I don't see the problem. Better than mailing invitations, to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

First, you don't throw yourself a shower. Second, you don't invite people off the Internet. Third, you don't beg for gifts, and fourth you don't specify a certain brand name.

Quoting Anonymous:

ya again I don't find it tacky or rude. I find it smart. I personally wouldn't do it myself. It would come across better if it had been posted by somebody other then herself, like a host. but whatever. I would still go and still bring what she asked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Guess what I realized? You're a cunt! Have a great day :)

Quoting Anonymous:

SMDH.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have many of their numbers. I don't use my phone often, and the internet is how I communicate with people. It's like that for everyone, at least the people I know, everyone's on the internet and checking facebook several times. It's a good, easy way to communicate.

Quoting Anonymous:

You couldn't call and ASK for their address? Seriously, your friends are as tacky as you. No etiquette. It's going away and it's sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

I invited "people off the internet" to the kids' birthday party...I don't have addresses and everyone on the guest list has a Facebook, so I went ahead and created an event. It's worked for the last 3 years, so I don't see the problem. Better than mailing invitations, to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

First, you don't throw yourself a shower. Second, you don't invite people off the Internet. Third, you don't beg for gifts, and fourth you don't specify a certain brand name.

Quoting Anonymous:

ya again I don't find it tacky or rude. I find it smart. I personally wouldn't do it myself. It would come across better if it had been posted by somebody other then herself, like a host. but whatever. I would still go and still bring what she asked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you. LOL! At least I'm not a dumbass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess what I realized? You're a cunt! Have a great day :)

Quoting Anonymous:

SMDH.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM
I don't care. Some people don't have tact. I don't worry about it. If I like her, I'll go. If not, I won't go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol that is very true. It is really sad that thank you notes, paper invitations and actually picking up a telephone are becoming a thing of the past. Some of these people would be sad little girls if they had some of my relatives because they base your next gift they send you (holiday, birthday, baby shower gifts) on how quickly you send out a thank you note and on how the note is wrote.

Quoting Anonymous:

You really think these broads will send a thank you note? They can't even send a proper invite, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you use facebook to get their address? Don't you need an address to send out thank you cards after the party anyway?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Butterfly1108
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:25 PM
You know as I am reading this its not so bad...I just asked my dd9 just for the fun of it to see what does a child think and she said she don't think it's bad at least people will know what to bring for the baby and she will need a lot of diapers and wipes...lol
So yeah what does a child know but this is coming from an innocent mind.
Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM

There's no way I could NOT say something if a friend of mine were doing this. Thank goodness my friends are classy.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
luvmymunchkins3
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM
ehh who cares how she invites people if you dont like it unfriend her,dont go,or block her feed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be making her any baby blankets that's for damn sure. Send a card and call it a day.

anitarichman
by Anita on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds selfish. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)