Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tacky? Babyshower related**--OMG UPDATE!!!!!!!! More tacky?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just read this on a friends status of facebook...

I thought it was kind of tacky because she truly asks for SO MUCH. This isn't her first child and EVERY status she posts is a whiney pregnancy status or how she needs soooo much help and stuff.

So what do you think.....

We are having a cookout / baby shower on saturday October 13th at 4 pm! We will have plenty of food and drinks for you to enjoy yourself! All we ask is you at least bring a pack of baby diapers and a pack of wipes !!!

HERE IS HER NEW STATUS!!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY!

I need a head count for my baby shower/ cookout this Saturday! text or message me on here and let me know please!!! Everyone is invited if you don't want to bring a special gift for the babies please bring a pack of diapers and wipes! We are using Huggies or pampers !

**Also allow me to add:

1. We aren't "friend, friends" anymore since she moved and totally changed; so Idgaf what you think of me.

2. Obviously, I'm NOT going because I live far away.

3. She's not **just** asking for SPECIFIC diapers and wipes. She's posted her THREE (3) REGISTRIES as an EVENT on facebook; keeps sending invites to them and posts them even now and again to her wall.

4. She's FIFTEEN WEEKS PREGNANT!

5. She's basically saying that if you don't bring either Papmpers or Huggies stuff, you can't come to the party and it'd be nice to bring an extra special gift.....oh and look at all 3 of my registries and bring that, too.

6. Lastly, shortly after I posted this; she messaged me and asked me to make her a "couple" of baby blankets.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

HOWEVER..... if the party was being thrown by a friend and proper invitations were sent... I do think it is a cute idea to request a package of wipes and/or a package of diapers.  

I have no issue with the request if done by someone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  She might as well just say that since she is having a child she can't afford, the least everyone could do is provide diapers and wipes since she is, after all, bringing another child into the world. 

If their situation is so bad they probably needed to just skip the cookout and use that money to buy whatever their baby will need.  But why do that when you can panhandle family and friends. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM
VERY
mommycrissa
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Yeah the wording is a bit tacky.... 

momswag
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Bet she has plenty of food and drinks because she's on food stamps.

Otherwise, she'd skip the party and use the food/drink money on diapers and wipes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommycrissa
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM

You aren't even suppose to throw your own shower... That in itself is tacky...

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM
It could have been worded differently.

"Come help us celbrate at our baby shower/ diaper party!" Or something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM

when my sister threw my last baby sprinkle she said on the invite that gifts were not nessicary (i did not register) but if they wanted to purchase something any type of diapers/wipes would be greatly appreciated :)

i did not want people giving me a ton of baby stuff, i wanted was for them to show up and celebrate with us!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I think this is starting to become a trend, I have a family member that had a baby shower at a resturant only registered at Toys R US (made that clear) and then had a diaper poker game after with buy in for $5 and a pack of diapers. I though that was strange.

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM
It's called a diaper party and alot of people who are on foodstampsdo this. It's usually after the baby is born and they are running low on diapers they use there foodstamps to buy the food so it's no money out of there pocket and they get a stockpile of diapers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)