Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tacky? Babyshower related**--OMG UPDATE!!!!!!!! More tacky?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just read this on a friends status of facebook...

I thought it was kind of tacky because she truly asks for SO MUCH. This isn't her first child and EVERY status she posts is a whiney pregnancy status or how she needs soooo much help and stuff.

So what do you think.....

We are having a cookout / baby shower on saturday October 13th at 4 pm! We will have plenty of food and drinks for you to enjoy yourself! All we ask is you at least bring a pack of baby diapers and a pack of wipes !!!

HERE IS HER NEW STATUS!!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY!

I need a head count for my baby shower/ cookout this Saturday! text or message me on here and let me know please!!! Everyone is invited if you don't want to bring a special gift for the babies please bring a pack of diapers and wipes! We are using Huggies or pampers !

**Also allow me to add:

1. We aren't "friend, friends" anymore since she moved and totally changed; so Idgaf what you think of me.

2. Obviously, I'm NOT going because I live far away.

3. She's not **just** asking for SPECIFIC diapers and wipes. She's posted her THREE (3) REGISTRIES as an EVENT on facebook; keeps sending invites to them and posts them even now and again to her wall.

4. She's FIFTEEN WEEKS PREGNANT!

5. She's basically saying that if you don't bring either Papmpers or Huggies stuff, you can't come to the party and it'd be nice to bring an extra special gift.....oh and look at all 3 of my registries and bring that, too.

6. Lastly, shortly after I posted this; she messaged me and asked me to make her a "couple" of baby blankets.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That's definitely not the issue because I've given a TUB of multi-sized diapers and wipes in a fancy, hand-decorated storage tub for the baby before. The problem is telling people that you can't come unless you buy her these specific things and demanding....this also, after she cussed people out for not helping her move...in the middle of the week; when most people work.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I would not have to be asked to buy diapers and wipes. It's usually what I give for a baby shower gift. Diapers are insanely expensive and rumor has it the price is going up. 

lilbit04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Not tacky at all...I've been to several even had one myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aloysious
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM

eye rollingtacky.

mamadolce
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
or do a diaper raffle everyone that brings a pack gets their name put into a jar or something and the winner gets some kind of giftcard/ gift...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Eh tacky yea Id say so. But, one girl I know had a baby shower but the night before had a 'diaper keger' so the guys could come. Free beer and food. Admittance 1 pack of diapers.
Eta/ I thought it was a cool idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

That's ghetto fabulous people for you though. I have been invited to these hoodratt shit and said no i'm not gonna go but somebody can come pick up the diapers and wipes. I even had one that I bought the specific most expensive diapers and instead of a bag I bought a case,the hood bitch asked me for the receipt and I know she went to the store and got the money back.
LuLuThatsWho
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I can't handle people who have a sense of entitlement.  People who solicit gifts for themselves (by throwing a shower in their own honor, having a party where bringing diapers in mandatory, or asking someone to make something like this) need to realize that they do not have any right to act that way.  No one should be under any obligation to help new parents.

I hope that no one goes.  Too often, people go to things like this when they don't approve of how it is handled.  It gives the person the idea that it is ok to act this way.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, no. I don't live anywhere near her.

I was going to make both babies a blanket and hat, until she asked me to make her "a couple blankets and hats for the twins, like *I* did for (her son)."

I'm like, really? Don't ask for gifts.

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Everything about this is tacky and low rent.  Throwing a shower for yourself.  Asking for gifts.  Any type of Facebook invitation.

So, I have to ask... are you planning to go?

CheyanneW
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I would like it if someone did that. It's easy to pick up a $10 pack of diapers! I would otherwise feel like that's not enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I hosted my own shower for my first.  I had a few friends who offered to throw me one but never got in touch with me to do the guest list or anything.  I did a diaper raffle and the prize was $10 k-mart gift card.  I could understand doing something like that.  I just wanted to get all my friends together before they left for the summer.

For baby #2 we are having a welcome to the world bbq when baby is 3-4 weeks old.  

I don't think a bbq is tacky, but if she is basically saying bring diapers or don't come that is definitely tacky.  Plus if she is only 15 weeks along ( i read that in a reply somewhere) does this mean she will have a shower later on too?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM

The diaper raffle is a really cute idea! THAT would be totally different. But yeah she's 15wks pregnant and I'm sure she'll be asking for more shit in the future.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

I hosted my own shower for my first.  I had a few friends who offered to throw me one but never got in touch with me to do the guest list or anything.  I did a diaper raffle and the prize was $10 k-mart gift card.  I could understand doing something like that.  I just wanted to get all my friends together before they left for the summer.

For baby #2 we are having a welcome to the world bbq when baby is 3-4 weeks old.  

I don't think a bbq is tacky, but if she is basically saying bring diapers or don't come that is definitely tacky.  Plus if she is only 15 weeks along ( i read that in a reply somewhere) does this mean she will have a shower later on too?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)