Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you volunteer at your kids school?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 152 Replies
1 mom liked this

My sons school has just over 600 kids in it. They are doing this BIG fall festival and I think there is right around 25-30 parents volunteering total-many of which for an hour or two only. It is always the same parents too! What gives?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM

bump

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
My son isn't in school yet, but I think I would be embarrassed if my parent did that. When I was in elementary we always made fun of the kids whose parents volunteered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I homeschool so in a way I do ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
4 moms liked this

My philosophy is that if they don't want to volunteer don't make them. I wouldn't want a volunteer who had no desire to be around my kids be there.

kansasmom1978
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I volunteer. My dd's school has their fall festival next Friday and I am volunteering. I also go on field trips with all the kids. I think it's the same parents, because a lot work and can't get off.

MrsRinehart2010
1 mom liked this

some people are just active in their kids school, i plan on being.

spicy_n_sweet
1 mom liked this

Before he graduated from HS. Yes, I volunteered. The Charter that he attended required a parent/guardian to volunteer a set amount of hours per month.

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Really? That is SO sad! I remember wishing my Mom did more!! My son LOVES me volunteering there, and all the kids in his class get excited when they see me at the school because they know something fun is coming their way! I cant even get in the door without getting attacked with hugs!! :)

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

My son isn't in school yet, but I think I would be embarrassed if my parent did that. When I was in elementary we always made fun of the kids whose parents volunteered.

kansasmom1978
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
4 moms liked this

I am glad my kids dont do that. The kids think it's awesome that moms and dads come to the school. It not looked down on. I guess we were raised different.

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

crescentstar2
by Anne on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I did last year the whole year. this year I don't seem to mesh with ds1 teacher as well so I'm not. I could at ds2 pre-school but just haven't as of yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)