Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 14 year old sister is pregnant...Update!!! Update #2!!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 454 Replies
6 moms liked this
She told me a couple weeks ago, she found out the first week of September, which means she got pregnant when she was 13.
She finally told her mom and went to get the proof of pregnancy she needed for Medicaid yesterday.
Well, her mom wants her to get an abortion. She's not going to, her and her bf are still together and his mom said she would help with the baby. She will be a mother at 14.
She is 7ish weeks along they think, she will know for sure when she goes to the dr. I hope it's soon, I also hope she's already taking her vitamins.
No, I don't condone this, but I support her decision 100% to keep her baby.

Eta: I wasn't around her much. We have different moms and our father is in prison. She lives 6 hours from me, when I did have temp custody of her I did talk to her about sex, safe sex, etc.

Update: I called around Tulsa trying to find resources to help her. I found Margaret Hudson school, I also found Catholic Charities. I messaged her on fb and told her to go on November 1st (the only day they enroll) and get into school at MHS and get on their daycare waiting list for next school year. I also let her know that Catholic Charities can and will help with clothes and diapers.

I talked to dh and we have decided that we will get a pack of diapers sent to her every month once the baby gets here from diapers.com, plus we will get clothes as soon as we find out the gender and send them to her.

She messaged me back and said her mom was still trying to make her have an abortion, I did ask her if open adoption was an option to her and she said no, she wants to keep the baby. Her mom was going to have her think about abortion until the 17th of this month and then make an appointment to see a dr. I asked "why the 17th?" and she said that's the last day she can have an abortion.

Well, this morning I got a message saying her mom isn't talking about abortion anymore, she's decided to let her keep the baby!! :)

Edit: I'm not answering anyone that's going to bash me. I have no reason to waste my time responding to unsupportive, rude people. I'm glad she's keeping the baby and dh and I are more than happy to help her however we can. Yes, she will get pa, no she won't give the baby up and YES I AM PROUD OF HER DECISION!

Update #2: she has a dr appt in a week, I'll let y'all know how far along she is then!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM
13 moms liked this
Didn't you already do this post?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Goodluck to her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this
hmmm says a lot about how the women in her life role modeled.
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Yea, I wanted to post the update about how far along she is but I didn't want people saying "wtf?"

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

Didn't you already do this post?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futuremomma919
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you agree with her mom wanting her to get an abortion? i know u said i support her but i was just wondering would u support the abortion her mom wanted her to get?
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Well I wasn't around her much at all, our father is in prison and her mom is a crackhead. I've been around her maybe a total of 10 times except when she lived with me.
I did talk to her about sex, safe sex, abstinence, etc. though.

Quoting Anonymous:

hmmm says a lot about how the women in her life role modeled.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a shame. 

Wifeyy2Lette
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:05 PM
No, I'm against abortion. I didn't even talk to her about it, I said "have you decided what you're going to do?" and age said "keep it. I refuse to get an abortion. "

Quoting futuremomma919:

Do you agree with her mom wanting her to get an abortion? i know u said i support her but i was just wondering would u support the abortion her mom wanted her to get?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck to your sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Sounds like she should be on 16 & pregnant... If you think the bio dad will be around I think not... I hope she puts this baby up for adoption.. its the best thing for this baby.. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured