Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 14 year old sister is pregnant...Update!!! Update #2!!

Posted by   + Show Post
She told me a couple weeks ago, she found out the first week of September, which means she got pregnant when she was 13.
She finally told her mom and went to get the proof of pregnancy she needed for Medicaid yesterday.
Well, her mom wants her to get an abortion. She's not going to, her and her bf are still together and his mom said she would help with the baby. She will be a mother at 14.
She is 7ish weeks along they think, she will know for sure when she goes to the dr. I hope it's soon, I also hope she's already taking her vitamins.
No, I don't condone this, but I support her decision 100% to keep her baby.

Eta: I wasn't around her much. We have different moms and our father is in prison. She lives 6 hours from me, when I did have temp custody of her I did talk to her about sex, safe sex, etc.

Update: I called around Tulsa trying to find resources to help her. I found Margaret Hudson school, I also found Catholic Charities. I messaged her on fb and told her to go on November 1st (the only day they enroll) and get into school at MHS and get on their daycare waiting list for next school year. I also let her know that Catholic Charities can and will help with clothes and diapers.

I talked to dh and we have decided that we will get a pack of diapers sent to her every month once the baby gets here from diapers.com, plus we will get clothes as soon as we find out the gender and send them to her.

She messaged me back and said her mom was still trying to make her have an abortion, I did ask her if open adoption was an option to her and she said no, she wants to keep the baby. Her mom was going to have her think about abortion until the 17th of this month and then make an appointment to see a dr. I asked "why the 17th?" and she said that's the last day she can have an abortion.

Well, this morning I got a message saying her mom isn't talking about abortion anymore, she's decided to let her keep the baby!! :)

Edit: I'm not answering anyone that's going to bash me. I have no reason to waste my time responding to unsupportive, rude people. I'm glad she's keeping the baby and dh and I are more than happy to help her however we can. Yes, she will get pa, no she won't give the baby up and YES I AM PROUD OF HER DECISION!

Update #2: she has a dr appt in a week, I'll let y'all know how far along she is then!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Replies (441-450):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:47 AM
-share with the class please!

Quoting Anonymous:

Abortion would be best. I'd hate for your dad to rape this baby too if she is a girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:50 AM
yes 14+2=16 !!

Quoting Jameyluv:

omg theses women are still bashing you..im surprise you are still giving them the time of day... I had my daughter at 16 ....2 years older than your sister...dad was never around and mom was in prison my entire life... i had NO help ...i found an agency who helped me and my baby by placing us in an independent living program and helped us with an apartment..from there i finished high school , earned my associates in business marketing and now work for a bank making 35k a year..may not be much but we are content, Im still with her father (8 years in Nov) and we also now have a son as well....I am 24 and I am a success by faith and my own choices...NOT ANYONE ELSES NEGATIVE OPINION, THOUGHT OR INPUT....God granted me my future and my destiny..NOT MAN and what he THOUGHT the outcome would be

summerbear
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this
So glad she is putting this little life in front of her own. There are worse things that can happen to girls (and boys) now a days. Glad that you and dh are there to help her and that mom has backed off! She needs all the love and support she can get to make this transistion (sp). So hard having a child make an adult decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Her dad raped her as a child yet she has a relationship with him.

I 'm sure he'd do it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Abortion would be best. I'd hate for your dad to rape this baby too if she is a girl.

Wifeyy2Lette
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:34 AM
HAD a relationship. I no longer speak to him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Her dad raped her as a child yet she has a relationship with him.

I 'm sure he'd do it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM
I take it this happen to you?

Quoting summerbear:

So glad she is putting this little life in front of her own. There are worse things that can happen to girls (and boys) now a days. Glad that you and dh are there to help her and that mom has backed off! She needs all the love and support she can get to make this transistion (sp). So hard having a child make an adult decision.

Wifeyy2Lette
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad she is keeping her baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Aug. 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM

bump for update on your sister and the baby

MsDenuninani
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM

She's going to need a LOT of help.

She and her boyfriend probably won't stay together, and she'll end up having to live with her mother, whom you've already called a "crackhead."

Right now she's imagining a rosey scenario - please be around to support her when the fit hits the shan.  At some point, she's going to show up on your doorstep with the child, needing a place to live, and you'll have to decide if you want to take in two extra boarders.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN