Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This seriously touched my heart, and made it smile

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

After a rough night, I get on fb and see my friend Matt who is a single father post this. When he says "his chair" he means his wheel chair, as he was paralyzed in a car accident 2 years ago.  This story amazed me!

So, I'm not a huge barbecue fan or anything... BUT. Today I got the most exceptional service from the great people at Famous Dave's In St. Joseph! I personally suggest going there based on service ALONE!
My Little man, Kingston, got car sick on our way up to St. Joe and threw up all over his little self. He was crying and so very sad. We stopped at the Famous Dave's to use the Restroom and get him cleaned up. He stops at the door and does not want to come in. He is so very embarrassed to go in with Vomit all over his little self =[[[. I tell him that it's okay, no body is going to care or be mad that he has a little puke on himself! It takes some more coaxing, but finally we get through the first set of doors. As i open the second set of doors, he quickly hides behind the next set, again... scared about his vomit covered self. A nice young lady comes and greets me, not seeing King hiding behind the door, she automatically apologizes to me thinking that i am having trouble opening the door because of my chair. I quickly tell her, Oh no i'ts ok, my little guy here had an accident and threw up a bit on himself. She lets out a heartfelt awww and say well come on, i'll show you guys the way. King seems to take to her caring nature and decides that it is ok to follow along with me. She walks us back to the restrooms and even opens the door for us to let us in! We go in and begin cleaning up. I will admit, it was stinky, sticky and pretty gross overall, but the dad in me took over and completely nullified my "someone else's vomit nausea". My buddy scott comes in and tell me that They gave us an extra work shirt for the little guy to put on!!!! It's huge on him, fitting probably a young college girl, but all the same, Extraordinary help! I'm able to take off his coat and shirt and put on a better less stinky sticky wet shirt!! Scott suggest we stay and eat, considering they gave us a shirt. I agree. So We go out, and they bring King a Sierra Mist for his little tummy. The waitress, manager, and even hostess came to check on him periodically throughout our meal, and got him smiling and less self conscious about his whole embarrassment kick. Now, I wasn't very hungry myself, so i simply had a water and some fries, and Ordered my little man a mini corn dog plate. We dine, have EXCELLENT wait service, friendly talk with the waitress, manager, and hostess. And come time to go, The manager lets me know that they took care of Kingston's meal since he "dressed like one of the staff, he got to be treated like one of the staff"!!!! Unbelievable. They asked to bring him in again sometime, and I will tell you what, I will CERTAINLY be going back. Simply Amazing. Hats off to Famous Dave's For going above and beyond today, and making me and my son feel like two of the most important guys they've ever served. P.S. Needless to say my bill was not very much, and ten percent would have been .20, or 15 would have been around .25.... Well i took it upon myself to leave 10x recommended tip. Always tip folks, and always base it off the service, not the food!

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LovelyMommy24
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I love that. It's always good to hear about good people out there. 

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM

That is a touching story

AmandaMaeBell
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Awwww, that's awesome!    Love this post :)

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

I love that. It's always good to hear about good people out there. 

I know. I always read about similar things happening on company fb pages, but I never know the people, so always wonder if its just someone from the company making it up or something for some reason. But when he posted that it made me cry. Hes been a great friend of mine since 3rd grade, and it made me so happy, that he was happy.

dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I loved that story!! So moving!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Quoting dallascowboys82:

I loved that story!! So moving!

Tonight has been so rough. The friend of mine who wrote this went to school with me until we graduated, we found out tonight another class mate was killed in a car accident today. So my heart heavy thinking of her, I read his post, an 2 hours before she was killed, she commented on it.  There are no words for all the emotions going through all of our heads.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)