Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We dont celebrate halloween at all, ask me anything :)

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM
  • 35 Replies

I read heaps on here about halloween and how huge it is over in America.  However, here in Australia we dont really have it at all.  when I was a kid it was never really spoken about.  Now it is slowly coming into the shops.   There are some halloween stuff you can get but not much.   We never really even get any kids trick or treating at all either.     It is just not celebrated here :)

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livric
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

One less thing to spend money on :) But I love Halloween. Not so much anymore because it's either a costume for all the kids or a birthday party for my daughter. Her birthday is 4 days before Halloween.

livric
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

One less thing to spend money on :) But I love Halloween. Not so much anymore because it's either a costume for all the kids or a birthday party for my daughter. Her birthday is 4 days before Halloween.

yeah I guess so :)  tis just that it does sound like a lot of fun for the kids :)  (big and little)  there was one year that there was a couple of kids going around but it is rare. 

livric
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM

BUMP!

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

A few online gaming friends of mine said pretty much the same thing. One, a tempermental sort of guy really got bent out of shape over it. He gave a long soliquy about how if someone came to his house and said 'trick or treat' he'd throw eggs at them. He was under the mistaken impression that the 'trick' part meant that the home owner and not the visitor played a trick.

The Americans from our group fell silent. In an instant we all came to the same simultaneous and unspoken conclusion that it simply wasn't worth explaining our customs to some guy halfway across the world. Especially when his sanity and fragile grasp on his temper might mean that he'd log off in a rage and then our raid would be scrapped. Fuck that.

Let the guild leader grumble...ICC was on and the Lich King was going down. Who cares if he throws eggs at his neighbors because he is unable to comprehend our holiday traditions? He's the fucking tank. Get out of the AOE's and DPS your ass off.

jesistar6910
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I did not know that. I learned something new today.

jesistar6910
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:13 AM

You enjoying Mists? I am.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

A few online gaming friends of mine said pretty much the same thing. One, a tempermental sort of guy really got bent out of shape over it. He gave a long soliquy about how if someone came to his house and said 'trick or treat' he'd throw eggs at them. He was under the mistaken impression that the 'trick' part meant that the home owner and not the visitor played a trick.

The Americans from our group fell silent. In an instant we all came to the same simultaneous and unspoken conclusion that it simply wasn't worth explaining our customs to some guy halfway across the world. Especially when his sanity and fragile grasp on his temper might mean that he'd log off in a rage and then our raid would be scrapped. Fuck that.

Let the guild leader grumble...ICC was on and the Lich King was going down. Who cares if he throws eggs at his neighbors because he is unable to comprehend our holiday traditions? He's the fucking tank. Get out of the AOE's and DPS your ass off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:15 AM
You decided against a chance to teach someone about somthing they knew nothing about because it would hurt your WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME?! Log back into the real world some time

Quoting Sanctimommy:

RLT2
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Yes, but you guys have kangaroos, pretty cool. I'd give up Halloween 1 yr to hang out with a kangaroo, just saying!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Please tell me you have another candy-related holiday within a few months of it. I don't know how I'd make it all the way to Christmas without another excuse to inhale a bit of candy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)