Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We dont celebrate halloween at all, ask me anything :)

Posted by   + Show Post

I read heaps on here about halloween and how huge it is over in America.  However, here in Australia we dont really have it at all.  when I was a kid it was never really spoken about.  Now it is slowly coming into the shops.   There are some halloween stuff you can get but not much.   We never really even get any kids trick or treating at all either.     It is just not celebrated here :)

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Replies (31-35):
livric
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Quoting TurtleSquish:

do you buy candy at least? It's so cute in the little fun size wrapping!

Well we do buy Chocolate every now and again but not for halloween.   I buy the snack size mini bars for the kids as treats and stuff throughout the year

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:39 AM

That's it. From now on it's chocolate and lollies in this house! love it.

Quoting livric:

Quoting Anonymous:

blank stareThen how in the heck do you gorge yourself on candy and all the goodness that IS Halloween?

Well, I guess we can go and buy chocolate and sfuff at the shops any time :)   we also dont call it candy here either hehe.  just Chocolate and lollies :)

livric
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Quoting kde216:

I am so jealous you live in Australia. Luuuucky! I hope to go someday!

Yeah!! :D  It is a great place.  I love being an "Aussie"  

livric
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am from Europe but live in the states now and I LOVE Halloween :) I think it's mostly the neighborhood I live in, last year most people participated, and it was so much fun, looked like a seen from a movie :)

I would LOVE to have some fun at halloween and decorate but no one does it here at all!!  It does look like they all have heaps of fun "sigh"

livric
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's it. From now on it's chocolate and lollies in this house! love it.

Quoting livric:

Quoting Anonymous:

blank stareThen how in the heck do you gorge yourself on candy and all the goodness that IS Halloween?

Well, I guess we can go and buy chocolate and sfuff at the shops any time :)   we also dont call it candy here either hehe.  just Chocolate and lollies :)

Ha ha ha  :)  yup, I just get it whenever I feel like some :)  tis nice hehe well maybe not so nice on the hips lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN