Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my husband didn't come home last night. ****EDIT****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
Title says it. He was supposed to be home from work at 12:30 to 1 this morning and he isn't home yet. It is 5:30 a.m. I was worried at first. I got up around 3 and when he wasn't there I drove to his work and by his friends house but he wasn't there. I called the jail. I am worried sick!!! This is unusual. His phone is dead, I know because he was asking me to find his charger yesterday before he went to work because he lost it and I found it. I tried calling but its dead. He likes to drink so I'm thinking he is passed out at a friend's house because he won't drive drunk. He isn't the cheating type but it crossed my mind because it is so unlike him. Oh my god I can't sleep now and I don't know if I should be worried or angry. He has to work at 2 pm so he has to be at.....

And he just came home. Says he was at someone named Kyle's house playing video games and.drinking beer. I'm not happy I was worried sick!!

****EDIT*****
When he came home I was up. He stumbled in the door. He said he had dropped off a coworker and who asked him if he wanted to come and have a beer and play a video game. He doesn't have my number memorized and his phone was dead so he couldn't contact me. He said he lost track of time. He got home around 5:45. He is passed out now. I told him if he doesn't stop drinking or learn to control it then I am not going to sit around and watch him destroy his liver and drain our accounts. If he can't help himself then I will drive him to work (we have one car) and look at his receipts because if he wants to behave like a child I wi treat him like one. When we were dating he would get smashed every weekend and drink through the week. I thought it was just a phase after turning 21 that men go through. He got better. But then he will do something like this, I will get mad and tell him he needs to watch the drinking. For example, I bet him he couldn't go a month without a drink then he said he was going to a movie with his friends but was at the bar. He was mysteriously coming home late every night and I.found out he was buying beer and drinking it in the parking lot after work before he came home.

He is a good father, a good husband besides this, and he works 40+ hours a week but this is getting out of control. This pattern needs to stop. I love my husband and I want to help him. I think he is an alcoholic. His parents both are and his family are big drinkers. I don't think he knows what responsible drinking is.

How do I help him? I know ultimately he had to make the decision but I want him to go to an AA meeting, counseling, something!!!

Oh and did I mention he drove home.DRUNK!!!!! Wtf is wrong with.him!!!! The biggest issue is him.driving drunk and me not knowing where he was. I used my mother's car to look for him. I did check the hospitals also btw but.my dad said.they would call me or come to my.house if he was.hurt because.it had been five.hours from.when he.should be home. Sorry for extra punctuation.

WWYD??? Thoughts???
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM
2 moms liked this
He should have let you know where he was going so you wouldn't worry. Do you believe that's where he really was?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:45 AM
3 moms liked this

then he should of called from "kyles" cell phone or phone, to let you know where he was!!

DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this
The first thought you had was to call a jail??? Try hospitals. I hope it works out.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:16 AM
2 moms liked this

He was at Kyles and couldn't call or text?? Sounds fishy to me.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:21 AM
2 moms liked this
He's a married man not a fratboy. I'd be so pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilfishbigocean
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

"DH didn't come home last night." "He's not the cheating type."
Realllllly?

Sounds fishy to me, but if you're cool with it, then great!

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Okay Kyle,but he didn't have the decency to call? 

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:40 AM
He's got some splannin to do.
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Reading this has made me sick, recalling nights when my ex-dh didn't come home :(

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:47 AM
So... He couldn't call you from kyle's phone? You don't think he's the cheating type, eh. I'm sure you didn't think he would be the type to stay out all night and not call his wife, yet he did. Time to open your eyes and have a serious conversation with your husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)