Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't believe in spanking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 208 Replies
3 moms liked this

Parents seem to be on this power trip with their kids. It's the only explanation for the ferocity with which these parents cling to the concept of spanking.

Children are young, less experienced, less knowledgeable and can be defiant, impulsive and downright annoying and often even infuriating. 

When you have someone that you rule over, who knows less than you and who defies and annoys you, you feel completely justified in hitting them.

You say it's to teach them a lesson. You say it's because they can't learn any other way. 

You say it's your right as their "ruler." 

Let's grow beyond this and act benevolently to our subjects, eh?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:41 AM
4 moms liked this

Wow, this post was so refreshing!
Seriously, tell it again.

lilfishbigocean
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:42 AM
16 moms liked this

You raise your kids your way, and I'll raise mine my way.

touchingstars
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Its too fucking early for this shit. Seriously can't you find a newer topic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:45 AM
11 moms liked this

This house is not a Democracy, it is a Dictatorship, and I am it's Dictator and I will rule as I see fit!

My kids get hit, when they hit.  So the rule here is, "If you don't want to be hit, then don't hit", it works like a charm!

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM
6 moms liked this
Well I don't believe in "time outs" or "reasoning". Growing up it was do what you're told without delay & when you're told to do it with a "yes ma'am/sir" or "no ma'am/sir". I operate the same way my nana did; I'm only going to tell you once, I will not repeat myself.

You raise yours, I'll raise mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cklamour
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:49 AM
6 moms liked this

IMG_1730.jpeg

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:50 AM
5 moms liked this
So it'll be fine when your kids get bigger and start hitting you back when you hit them then?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

This house is not a Democracy, it is a Dictatorship, and I am it's Dictator and I will rule as I see fit!

My kids get hit, when they hit.  So the rule here is, "If you don't want to be hit, then don't hit", it works like a charm!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:56 AM
9 moms liked this

My kids have total control over whether or not they get hit, by keeping their hands to themselves.  If they want to go toe to toe with me, they will regret it and I won't feel the least bit bad about it. 

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

So it'll be fine when your kids get bigger and start hitting you back when you hit them then?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

1stpreggers
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Say it again!

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

You raise your kids your way, and I'll raise mine my way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)