Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't believe in spanking

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Parents seem to be on this power trip with their kids. It's the only explanation for the ferocity with which these parents cling to the concept of spanking.

Children are young, less experienced, less knowledgeable and can be defiant, impulsive and downright annoying and often even infuriating. 

When you have someone that you rule over, who knows less than you and who defies and annoys you, you feel completely justified in hitting them.

You say it's to teach them a lesson. You say it's because they can't learn any other way. 

You say it's your right as their "ruler." 

Let's grow beyond this and act benevolently to our subjects, eh?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think anyone has ever posted about this before...
by Katie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Spanking exists whether you believe in it or not. The fact that you choose not to spank is irrelevant to, well, all of us.

(BTW, I don't spank.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM
3 moms liked this
What? Now come on this is cm I have post on here where the non spanking kids have hit there parent. Get off your high horse. You think your method is better so be it dont knock somebody else because it's not your way.

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

So it'll be fine when your kids get bigger and start hitting you back when you hit them then?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

 This house is not a Democracy, it is a Dictatorship, and I am it's Dictator and I will rule as I see fit!

My kids get hit, when they hit.  So the rule here is, "If you don't want to be hit, then don't hit", it works like a charm!

by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Yup I guess I am the ruler and the funny part about it that's what I use to rule my house a ruler.
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:06 AM
::sigh:: its too early for this shit. I should whoop your rear for starting this up again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Btw- it's a joke. Get it? Whoop you... Post on spanking.... Before you go bat crazy on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM

OMG! An original post!!!!


Btw...I have some bubble wrap for sale, in case you run out.

by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Im not a ruler I am a parent and as such it is up to me to teach my kids how to behave and what is expected of them now and later when they are adults. My first resort is not to hit but after teaching and repeating myself my children know there are consequences for their actions. They are now at a point where I dont have to lay a hand on them about 98% of the time. The other 2% I dont feel bad about because we have been doing this for some time now and if they continue to NOT follow instruction they will face said consequences. My point is this not all parents hit just to hit or just out of anger but as a part of teaching their children. You may not agree but I believe that my way of teaching will help my children as adults because the world WILL kick their butts (much worse than any spanking) if they dont heed warnings and learn some lessons when first presented. I was spanked as a child and to this day have the utmost respect for both of my parents. I have never felt unloved or ruled over as they provided a nice balanced lesson for me as a child.  I will do the same for mine. Not knocking your way of parenting do what you feel is best but really not everyone believes what you do.

by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM
2 moms liked this
This sounds like my brother in laws parenting. They have the biggest brat of a 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old not far off. It sickens me that a 5 year old tells his mom when they can go out and where. If he doesn't want to go they don't. It's also sad that no one wants to be around his family because the kids are misbehaved and the parents do nothing to correct it. I don't care if you dont spank, but at least have some form of disepline for your children.
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I don't think most do it because they are power tripping. I think its more they are repeating what was done to them.Feeling they had a good childhood,were well behaved and think this is how they will raise their children. They feel physical punishment works best, or some of of sheer frustration.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN