Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't believe in spanking

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Parents seem to be on this power trip with their kids. It's the only explanation for the ferocity with which these parents cling to the concept of spanking.

Children are young, less experienced, less knowledgeable and can be defiant, impulsive and downright annoying and often even infuriating. 

When you have someone that you rule over, who knows less than you and who defies and annoys you, you feel completely justified in hitting them.

You say it's to teach them a lesson. You say it's because they can't learn any other way. 

You say it's your right as their "ruler." 

Let's grow beyond this and act benevolently to our subjects, eh?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I don't believe in Santa, but I'm pretty sure spanking is real...

I wish that spanking were like Santa, then it would not be real. At least Santa provides some joy, hope and enjoyment to a child, spanking is an outdated and ineffective punishment most often used in a moment of frustration and exhaustion by parents who feel powerless to change a child's behavior by a more creative and humane gentle form of discipline.
prieta05
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM
So dont complain when your child ends up htting & disrespecting you because you wanna put him in little time outs and taking his favorite things away. You raise your child the way you want to. And ill raise mines my way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I really don't give a shit if people spank. There's a difference between 1-5 controlled swats on a butt and beating the everloving shit out of your kid. I don't spank anymore because it made me feel horrible, like a monster.

nolo82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM
It's okay, I don't believe in Santa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

god if i was to spank my lil one right now none of those reasons you stated in your OP are my reasoning. haha im her ruler? no. i only use a swift swat on the butt in situations that she needs to come back down from a big situation but usually i dont, she listens really well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Well she is and so is my grandmother. They graduated from Capella university. But u would have to say you are wrong and she knows that it doesn't damage a child. A child who has been abused and then gets adopted or fostered and is spanked then yes it might but not any normal child. She spanked me as a child and I'm not damaged. And only when necessary. But I do know a dentist who dips.m, just saying.
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Quoting touchingstars:

Its too fucking early for this shit. Seriously can't you find a newer topic

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:15 AM

*smh* My children aren't my ''subjects'' but I will spank them because I feel it's an appropriate discipline for certain things. I don't hit them because I'm irritated with them. Quite the opposite, actually.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you want a cookie? Cause this queen is going to bake cookies with her subjects today....
Oh and I spank but my kids are just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonnlilithsmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM

thanks for the advice

now here's some for you...

raise your kids the way you want to, and let others raise theirs without your judgement

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)