Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ever Had a Dr Lie to You??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have....on several occasions, from things ranging from denying a broken back, to telling me my physical injuries were all in my head after a car accident,  to 'no, you're not sick', but i end up in the hospital....

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:47 AM

withholding vital information is lying...if you found out the truth 3 yrs later, some lying was going on. 

Quoting kkrk1012:

I dont think he lied to me he just didnt tell me everything about my sons MRI which I just found out the truth 3 yrs later cuz I switched neurologist im still upset about it

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Yeah well that explains it. That's so sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

yup..a workman's comp dr of course...told me the broken vertebrae would 'work itself out'...yeah, it worked itself into corrective painful surgery 4 yrs later...too late for a lawsuit, too...

Quoting blessed107:

Not that I can recall,then again I don't have to see a doctor very often. Just normal yearly physicals. A doctor lied to you about a broken back?

unspecified42
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this
There is no evidence that bed rest helps at all, actually. I had the same thing and never stopped working because there's nothing supporting the idea of bed rest (or pelvic rest). Im 28 weeks now. If that's what you wanted to go, more power to you, but no one lied or gave you bad information.

Quoting Mommy4two:

yes, I was pregnant with my yougnest started bleeding at 7 weeks, went to the hospital was told to make an appointment with the ob/gyn and that I could go back to work... Thank God my boss said she didn't want me back til I had clearance from the ob/gyn... they did another ultrasound and said I had my placenta tearing from the wall and to go home and put my feet up, it would either heal or I'd miscarry in the next 2 weeks... He said the dr from the hospital even wrote the results in the report from the hospital... I was like oh geez thanks asshole my kid could have died...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

not everyone's uterus is the same.....jus saying...maybe your tear wasn't as bad as hers

Quoting unspecified42:

There is no evidence that bed rest helps at all, actually. I had the same thing and never stopped working because there's nothing supporting the idea of bed rest (or pelvic rest). Im 28 weeks now. If that's what you wanted to go, more power to you, but no one lied or gave you bad information.

Quoting Mommy4two:

yes, I was pregnant with my yougnest started bleeding at 7 weeks, went to the hospital was told to make an appointment with the ob/gyn and that I could go back to work... Thank God my boss said she didn't want me back til I had clearance from the ob/gyn... they did another ultrasound and said I had my placenta tearing from the wall and to go home and put my feet up, it would either heal or I'd miscarry in the next 2 weeks... He said the dr from the hospital even wrote the results in the report from the hospital... I was like oh geez thanks asshole my kid could have died...

DollJMW
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Yes. I had a dr tell me I had endometriosis and a blocked fallopian tube. And that I would probably never have kids. When I switched dr my new dr looked through my records found his surgical report where it clearly stated no signs of endometriosis. This dr later lost his license for a bunch of different reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Not lie, per se...but they've been stupidly wrong. "There's a little fluid in your ears, but they're fine." I was back within 3 days getting an antibiotic for an ear infection. The same one said there was nothing wrong with my knees purely because my reflexes were fine. Seriously?! If I am IMMOBILIZED for indefinite periods on a regular basis there IS something wrong! And then there was the tooth I almost lost to a cavity because my dentist refused to repair the chip, claiming it would be better off left alone because he'd have to take more off to repair it. And he insisted I had only two wisdom teeth, but four grew in and messed my jaws up quite a bit. I had terrible luck with doctors in my late teen years. They always brushed me off as a stupid kid who didn't know what I was talking about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:54 AM
No but I would be finding a new doctor
unspecified42
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:56 AM
The research out shows that size is not an indication of outcome.

Quoting Anonymous:

not everyone's uterus is the same.....jus saying...maybe your tear wasn't as bad as hers

Quoting unspecified42:

Quoting Mommy4two:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4two
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Yes, I was lied to when I was told I was PERFECTLY fine and nothing was wrong... obviously there was a problem if the placenta was tearing away from the placental wall... That pregnancy was hell, and while one doesn't have anything to do with another it's still just wrong to be lied to... You can believe what you want but my doctor is actually the best in Central Florida and told me to get my feet up and that's what I did and my daughter's still alive... with my first pregnancy it was twins and lost one of them at 9 weeks....

Oh and I have what's called incompent cervix....

Quoting unspecified42:

Quoting Mommy4two:

kkrk1012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:58 AM
True so yah I have. Even lied to

Quoting Anonymous:

withholding vital information is lying...if you found out the truth 3 yrs later, some lying was going on. 

Quoting kkrk1012:

I dont think he lied to me he just didnt tell me everything about my sons MRI which I just found out the truth 3 yrs later cuz I switched neurologist im still upset about it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)