Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ever Had a Dr Lie to You??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have....on several occasions, from things ranging from denying a broken back, to telling me my physical injuries were all in my head after a car accident,  to 'no, you're not sick', but i end up in the hospital....

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Replies (281-283):
elk571
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM
*menstrual lol
rwblake2011
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Yes he did surgery to remove ovaries. But ended up leaving one in and didnt tell me till the same problem came back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM
It must have been you that I was talking to about this on another post. i just want to say thank you so much for telling me about it. I've done a lot of reserwch on it, and I really think this is what I have. I've been told all my life that there is nothing they could do for my pain. Some days i can barely get out of bed. I'm going to be talking to my doctor about this.
Funny, though, I was actually told that being double jointed sometimes has an association with pain. I went to Vanderbilt in Nashville, so I figured they knew what they were talking about. Previous to that, the doctor I saw told me that my psoriasis caused my arthritis (although I don't actually have arthritis, I found out later), and wanted to put me on this crazy medication that would have scarred my liver, and done all kinds of crazy shit to me.
I ended up just exercising more, drinking tons of water, and eating healthy. Took lots of vitamins, too. Pain is much more manageable now.

Quoting dilateyourmind:

FYI..if anyone here sufferers from joint/back/neck problems and are double jointed, even if it is just slight, please research Ehlers Danlos hypermobility. Doctors are totally ignorant to it and it is pretty common. Docs will tell you being double jointed does not lead to pain. Orthopedist are the WORST. LOVE my Osteopath.  Also I think about half of fibromyalgia cases are misdiagnosed EDS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN