Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ever Had a Dr Lie to You??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have....on several occasions, from things ranging from denying a broken back, to telling me my physical injuries were all in my head after a car accident,  to 'no, you're not sick', but i end up in the hospital....

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommytotwonow
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM

i think med wives air on a very cautious side! i always butt heads with the one in the practise i go to. i stopped making appointments with he at around 25 weeks because she stressed me out so bad and my bp would go through sky high. i even told the ob to keep her away from me if she is on when i delivered.

did you get your VBAC???

Quoting Candi_gal:

Yep! My "med"wife told me my fluid was really low and we would have to induce.
I asked to talk to the head OB at the practice to reconfirm (she is very pro VBAC). The tech who did my ultrasound said how well my fluid was being 41 weeks. The OB agreed it was perfect and she did not recommend an induction at that point, especially with me wanting a VBAC.

I'm a nursing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, baby wearing mommy of two beautiful boys!

krunchykorn
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:16 AM
my brother has hydrocephilus water on the brain and my sister has epilepsy due to brain tumors. they were born at the same hospital both preemie 31wks then 34wks. both had MRIs since they both were starved of oxygen at birth and the MRI would have showed the conditions.

my mother didn't know about either until my brother fell into a coma at 5years due to a pressure build up and my sister had a fit at 14months and was clinicly dead for nearly 30minutes she had there reports transfered to our new Dr in a new a state and both reported the conditions at birth in the MRI results but no one told my mum.

it was too late to sue.

my brother is fine but has a headache 24/7. my sister has brain damage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:25 AM
My doc did the same with my second. She was going to key west for spring break so she told me I was overdue and had to be induced. Come to find out later that I really was 38 weeks and 2 days. Luckily I delivered within 20 minutes of being on pitocin so I am guessing he was coming soon anyways. Also when I told her I felt him coming and I asked her to check, she laughed and said the pitocin doesn't work that quick.then left the room. Not even 30 seconds later his head and shoulders were out and the nurse actually delivered him without the room set up or anything. Yes it looked like a crime scene. Oh- she also told me he was a girl. I have a boy already and she swore I wanted a girl but I really didn't care. During the ultrasound I saw something and asked if she was sure and she kind of blew me off. Well I was right! It was a boy.

Quoting mommytotwonow:

the ob the delivered my first was a total nut job. I was due Christmas day and went for a regular visit one week before where he stripped my membraneswith out my permission. i didnt go in to labor like he wanted so three days latterhe wanted to induce. turns out he was going on a vacation and wanted me delivered before he went. i ended up having an emergency c section. he knew that i wanted a natural birth with no intervention, i was 18 and just went along with everything he said. now i know better, my last was a VBAC! well my old ob is no longer practicing because he is a rapist, arsonist and did many thing wrong in his practice. what he did to me included!

http://blog.timesunion.com/crime/legal-trouble-mounts-for-disgraced-doc-accused-of-torching-club/1340/

i have never felt so stupid or betrayed in my life!!!!!

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I think it's really a combo of doctor's being not very good doctor's and lying for whatever reason, like to avoid a claim.

I had a doctor tell me a cyst on the back of my leg was an ingrown hair. Told me to go home and poke it with something sharp, and it would go away.

I didn't listen, and scheduled surgery to have it removed. It was a harmless cyst but damn..who the fuck doesn't know the difference?

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Yes. He lied many times to protect himself after the death of my son. the only reason I ever found out the truth was because of a law suit I filed(and won) to get my answers. :/

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Not lie pre say.... Tried to scare me into doing testing she wanted yes. But I didn't give in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM

No, he never straight up lied, but he told half-truths. Oh wait , does "This won't hurt" count?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM
The flu vaccine was necessary...I wasn't in labor (was miscarrying)...my son needed a monitor screwed in his head (my movement on the bed and his position did not go for a steady monitor)...I wasn't pregnant (he's going to be 3)...not to push if I felt the need...yeah there has been quite a few
mering88
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:05 AM
I ebf and the first week I got a cracked nipple. I noticed one day my son spit up pink milk, looked it up and found out it was normal. The next day he spit up a lot of bloody milk, it covered his onesie and got some on dad too. So we went to the emergency room. Besides spitting up he was happy and fine. They took a sample from the onesie and said it did come from the stomach. I told the dr that I had a cracked nipple, he looked it and said that it didn't cause that. They tell us they are going to life flight the baby to the children's hospital because they don't know what to do. So while we waited for life flight, they ran blood tests and did an xray. The first blood test came out wrong, the blood clotted before they got it to the lab, the second one came out wrong again. They sent the results to the other hospital so when they finally showed up the flight team was expecting a dieing baby, instead they get a very healthy one.

When we got to the other hospital, the dr came in and talked to me. Then left to check the xray, and asked his superior about it. The first question out of his mouth was "does the mom have a cracked nipple." The head dr came in and said that it was caused by my cracked nipple, that he wasn't digesting the blood so he just spit it up. So we worried over nothing because a hospital couldn't do a blood test right and didn't bother asking a pedi dr for a second opinion. When we went in for our son's 2 week check up his dr said the same thing the other one did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM

is that all the same dr?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)