Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ever Had a Dr Lie to You??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have....on several occasions, from things ranging from denying a broken back, to telling me my physical injuries were all in my head after a car accident,  to 'no, you're not sick', but i end up in the hospital....

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
BrookeLisette
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Yessss!  My doctor kept saying, you're doing great almost done, give me one more push.  AYEEEEE!  I wanted to punch him in the nose!  hahah

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Yes, when I was 17 one doctor said I had an std.. I didn't.. Another doctor said I was bipolar because I was frustrated with my sisters wedding party
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I suspect so. I had a kidney infection at the beginning of a pregnancy. Different doctors kept coming in, I kept getting doses of different painkillers...morphine, dilauded...in high doses through an IV. Every time they'd come in and give me medication I'd say something about being pregnant and each doctor would have no idea and wouldn't give me any clear answer on whether or not the drugs they were giving me were safe. I miscarried. They told me the baby just stopped developing, but I find it an odd coincidence that I didn't start to miscarry until I spent that week in the hospital. I had to stay a week on antibiotic treatments because my kidney infection was so bad. So, it could've been that my body just couldn't handle it...but I think it's weird that I didn't start bleeding or anything until after all the painkillers.

Candi_gal
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM
They do! This one in particular I tried not to get for my appt because she was so pushy!
I did get my VBAC at exactly 42 weeks! Went into labor on my own. Scarlett was born at 7 pounds 2 oz, she just turned a year old 2 weeks ago.

Quoting mommytotwonow:

i think med wives air on a very cautious side! i always butt heads with the one in the practise i go to. i stopped making appointments with he at around 25 weeks because she stressed me out so bad and my bp would go through sky high. i even told the ob to keep her away from me if she is on when i delivered.

did you get your VBAC???

Quoting Candi_gal:

Yep! My "med"wife told me my fluid was really low and we would have to induce.
I asked to talk to the head OB at the practice to reconfirm (she is very pro VBAC). The tech who did my ultrasound said how well my fluid was being 41 weeks. The OB agreed it was perfect and she did not recommend an induction at that point, especially with me wanting a VBAC.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytotwonow
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM

My VBAC baby just turned 1 too! his birthday is sept 23! thats so good they let you go till 42 weeks. the ob was not going to let me go that long because my blood pressure was getting really high. i ended up breaking my own water at home 2 days after my due date by dancing like crazy. i felt so much pressure to go into labor on my own that i had to do something to get things going. still ended up with pit because even with broken water i never contracted on my own.

Quoting Candi_gal:

They do! This one in particular I tried not to get for my appt because she was so pushy!
I did get my VBAC at exactly 42 weeks! Went into labor on my own. Scarlett was born at 7 pounds 2 oz, she just turned a year old 2 weeks ago.

Quoting mommytotwonow:

i think med wives air on a very cautious side! i always butt heads with the one in the practise i go to. i stopped making appointments with he at around 25 weeks because she stressed me out so bad and my bp would go through sky high. i even told the ob to keep her away from me if she is on when i delivered.

did you get your VBAC???

Quoting Candi_gal:

I asked to talk to the head OB at the practice to reconfirm (she is very pro VBAC). The tech who did my ultrasound said how well my fluid was being 41 weeks. The OB agreed it was perfect and she did not recommend an induction at that point, especially with me wanting a VBAC.

heythereelizah
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Yep. My first OB when I was pregnant this last time lied point blank to my face about test results so try and scare me into an amnio. Thank god i refused anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Yup, with my 8th and last child. My dr. had a vacation planned and she was trying to get me to schedule an induction. I said I was fine and that if another dr. had to help me birth my baby, no big deal. She started flipping through my chart and said "oh no! I see here that your 2nd baby had shoulder dysplasia! we can't let this baby get too big!" Which is a pile of CRAP! I had copies of my medical records from my 1st 2 births, the 2 that this dr. hadn't helped me birth. Not to mention that if my son did have shoulder dysplasia HIS dr. would have said something. I was so pissed I couldn't say anything when I left the appointment. I ended up going into labor that night and fired my dr. the next day.  My baby was perfectly fine. 

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM

yes. When my son had surgery it went wrong and the nurses were lying to me that he was just "taking a little while longer in recovery" and until I demanded to see the doctor I actually found out that he wasnt even on that floor anymore and they were keeping him overnight on his same day surgery. (which turned into a week stay) All I was told that he was not breathing on his own..he had a bad reaction to the anesthetics. 

To this day I still havent any clear answers. They will not provide me with his hospital stay records and the surgery record states that the surgery went well. And he still has PTSD from the experience...an eating disorder. And there is nothing I can do about it. No lawyer would touch it. 

Candi_gal
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Scarlett's birthday as the 22nd of September!  How cool, I am glad you got your VBAC.  I bet you had fun dancing into labor :)

I had to have a foley bulb to help me dilate with a bit of pit as well to get my contractions going a bit more.  I went from a 2 to a 10 in a matter of 4 hours. 

They were antsy after you push past 41 weeks but they "allowed" you to go to 42 weeks with the monitoring of contractions and your fluid every other day.

Quoting mommytotwonow:

My VBAC baby just turned 1 too! his birthday is sept 23! thats so good they let you go till 42 weeks. the ob was not going to let me go that long because my blood pressure was getting really high. i ended up breaking my own water at home 2 days after my due date by dancing like crazy. i felt so much pressure to go into labor on my own that i had to do something to get things going. still ended up with pit because even with broken water i never contracted on my own.

Quoting Candi_gal:

Quoting mommytotwonow:

did you get your VBAC???

Quoting Candi_gal:

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:06 AM

yes, but i dont wanna talk aboiut that kinda medical stuff on here.

I think it probably happens A LOT.

I have a serious distaste for medical professionals now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN