Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the point of voting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Why do we even vote when it is the electoral vote that matter and actually determine who the president will be?  There have been times where the popular vote was different that the electoral one.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM
This should be interesting
pregnancy
mikesmom65270
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Why post anonymous?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM

If voting didn't matter, they wouldn't be trying so hard to keep people from voting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Bump
Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Because, generally, (but not always) the popular vote sways the electoral vote. I know- I get a little fuzzy on it too- why we have the electoral vote. I am positive someone here much smarter than I can give you a more detailed explanation.

Personally, I think it's my civic duty to vote. Also, some very strong and courageous women before us went to a lot of trouble to get women the right to vote in 1920.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Leobaby2007:

Because, generally, (but not always) the popular vote sways the electoral vote. I know- I get a little fuzzy on it too- why we have the electoral vote. I am positive someone here much smarter than I can give you a more detailed explanation.

Personally, I think it's my civic duty to vote. Also, some very strong and courageous women before us went to a lot of trouble to get women the right to vote in 1920.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured