Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

On your income...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
On your income, if your SO ever left, could you make it where you are living? Let's say you are awarded 75 dollars a month per kid for child support and there is never a guarantee that he will pay.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (211-214):
lowencope
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I'd probably need to move to a smaller place closer to work. 

mikeyjavimami21
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM
At this moment nope. But I would have the support of my family and we would be taken care of until I get on my feet. In less than a year I would be able to make it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TinDoll
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Not here. I'd move back east with my family so I'd have someone to watch dd and I'd work. Right now I'm a sahm but I have job experience and all the pre-reqs to get into a BSN program. Not set but not too bad to start a life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM

he is well known in his field and can not up and leave... he owns the business with partners.  and his parents LOVE me.  Im not worried in the least about divorce... I think I have a better chance of a giant earth quake and falling into the ocean.

Quoting kiddycat73:

I lived in a 50/50 state when I got divorced too. My ex was also ordered to pay $1800 a month in CS...I was a part time server only for extra $$ at the time of our divorce, and he made well over 6 figures. Turns out that when I left (I left 2 weeks before filing for divorce...BIG mistake!!), he transferred about 75% of our assets to his parents, and he quit his job the minute he was ordered to psy CS. He now lives with them and works under the table for a friend that owns a very well known (not just locally) custom car restoration business, and is making a very good living. I haven't seen a dime from him, and he is currently close to $100K in arrears on CS. The state of FL won't pursue him because I'm not on welfare, but he is too stupid to go to court for a modification based on his "unemployment" so it keeps racking up at over $22K a year. I make enough to support my kids (even though $1800 a month extra would be AWESOME!!), so I'm just letting it rack up.

My point is, don't count on him being the stand up guy you think he is when it comes to divorce. I always thought we would be fine "if anything ever happened". Yeah it wasn't. I got lucky that my parents helped tremendously and I got my ass in school.

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in a 50/50 state... so I will be fine.

But I would have to down size.... but I could still afford to be a full time sahm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN