Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On your income...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
On your income, if your SO ever left, could you make it where you are living? Let's say you are awarded 75 dollars a month per kid for child support and there is never a guarantee that he will pay.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (41-50):
tnmommy5
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Nope I'm a SAHM without any income. If I got a job all of my pay would go to daycare and gas so it would be pointless.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Absolutely, I never asked for child support in the first place, lol

Torihoney5njn
by Kristy on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Of course...There are no guarantees in life and I'll be damned if my kid goes without because my hubs and I couldn't work it out.

With that said I think that would neve happen at this point. We've been through too much and love each other. Neither one of us could deal without seeing our son every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheLooneyBinMum
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Where I live no. Where I work yes. I work on a ranch. If my Dh left I would move into the ranch house. Its rent free and utility free. The owners are my ex in laws. They have 2 other houses and have never lived there. In fact i use to live there with my ex husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM
No but that is bc i work part time. If i went full time i could support them but not like we live now. My husbands hourly pay is a little more than 4 times what i earn.
but I had children with a man that i know would and could support them even if something happened to our relationship, so this is not a concern to me at all. Plus i know a woman whose ex works at the same place at the same rank as my husband, so i know his income and he pays somewhere between $25-30K a year for 3 kids so i know i would get a hell of a lot more than $75 a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM

yes i could make it, but we def wouldnt have a whole lot. im only working part time bringing in abt 1400 a mth

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I dont believe in CS nor would I need it. So he's free to be a criminal and the day he least expects it, it will bite him in the ass.

Kitschy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM

75 a month per child! I think I would get more like 600 a month! lol Either way, I'm not sure that I would stay here. I love my house but we only live in this town because it's close to hubby's work. I think I would buy a condo near my family and I would pay for it in full. I'd be okay. It's not a concern right now though. 

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM
That is shitty cs.. And no, im a sahm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM
What the hell kinda crap is $75 a month per kid?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured