Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This woman was so rude

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

My brother asked me to come to his belt promotion today so I went taking my 2 kids with me (5 years old and 10 months). I got there 10 minutes before it started and most of the seats were taken but there was half a row open, so I went and sat down. There were only 2 seats that didn't have stuff on them but I figured I could sit in one, my 5 year old the other and when my mom got there my DD could sit on my mom's lap (I was holding the baby). As I sat down, the woman at the far end of the row said "no, no, those is saved, this whole row be saved" I said "so you really expect me and my kids to go stand in the back when there are seats with no one in them" she said "yep". Now, first let me say that there were about 25 kids getting new belts and there were probably only 60 chairs, these people were trying to take up 11 chairs (5 of them were "saved" for people who weren't there yet). Anyway, I sat down and she glared at me and said " you better be glad this be a Christian place" I said " really, yeah well maybe you should act like it, you can't save this many chairs when there are people standing, it's rude, sorry". Anyway,  my mom got there  and the ceremony started. The woman was on her PHONE during the ceremony(very rude) asking where the other people where (they still weren't even there) and they were still 20 minutes away at least. The whole time they were complaining amongst themselves about how I "stole" their chairs, so much so that they barely noticed when the child they were there for got her belt. The people the chairs were being save for didn't show up until 20 minutes into the ceremony. I just can't believe how rude some people are. Number one, when you know that there is only room for about 60 people sitting and maybe another 20 standing and there is usually 20-30 kids getting promotions, it is rude to bring 9 or 10 people number two, when you are in a situation like this were there is a very limited number of chairs, you can't really save, I mean maybe one or two but half a row????

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
You should have punched her in the face!
JLS2388
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM

The place used to do tickets, each child who was being promoted got X amount of tickets, they could put some more chairs because they didn't need standing room since if you didn't have a ticket, you didn't get in the door. Each kid got 3 to 4 tickets, I think they should go back to that, it would certainly prevent situations like this. (little kids who sat on laps didn't need their own ticket, it was basically for the chair)

JLS2388
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids and other kids were watching, I was trying to set a good example and show a little self restraint (though I have to say, I wanted to). I tried to be polite but I held my ground, those chairs didn't belong to her and there was no reason for me to stand while there were empty seats

unusualmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Yeah...I dont tolerate that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW!! Yes--she was very rude! I would have sat down in those seats too! I would have told her, "Oh! I'm sorry--I didn't realize you owned these seats! Well-since your friends aren't here yet, I'm sitting here whether you like it or not. Your friends if they do show up, can stand at the back of the room." That is just me. Rude ppl drive me nuts!!!

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM
That's mature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexychica25
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW!! Yes--she was very rude! I would have sat down in those seats too! I would have told her, "Oh! I'm sorry--I didn't realize you owned these seats! Well-since your friends aren't here yet, I'm sitting here whether you like it or not. Your friends if they do show up, can stand at the back of the room." That is just me. Rude ppl drive me nuts!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Thank you

Quoting sexychica25:

That's mature.

Quoting Anonymous:

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM
You're welcome

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you

Quoting sexychica25:

That's mature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sandy418
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

How old is your brother?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)