Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being a b****? ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
So, dh and I have four kids. Three school aged and a toddler. I work from home as a manager for my company. I also do all the typical sahm stuff: cook, clean, appointments, paying bills ect ect. Dh recently had extra work added to him by his boss because they couldn't hit their #'s at work (kind of hard to explain). Anyway, dh asked me to take on the extra because he didn't have time. I've been doing it for awhile now which has made it difficult to stay on top of my other responcibilities but dh made his numbers and in return his boss gave him a small bonus.

Dh told me to use it on anything I wanted because I did the work (his boss is fully aware I'm doing it) but he wanted to borrow a little until he got paid which was yesterday. Well, when he made the deposit earlier this week it was $100 less than the check, then be spent double what he said he would. Well, yesterday I asked about the money and he said he forgot he had a repair bill that needed to be paid (he handles the machanic stuff) so he doesn't have it.

He knew all week that the plan was to go get the tattoo I've been planning for 2 freaking years. I know it's only a tattoo hut I was looking forward to it and I'm pissed. I'm still talking to dh but I'm just too pissed to act like I normally do. Now he's pissed and thinks I'm over reacting. Of course he the one that already got what he wanted.

And before anyone says it. We do have money in the bank. In an account I refuse to touch for stuff like this. We are ok, we aren't taking from our kids or anything. That's why this bothers me so much. I never do for myself because there is always something that takes the extra money we have.

I don't think I was clear. The repair bill is almost a month old for his vehicle, I knew nothing about it but when he said the money was mine and I said I was scheduling for a tattoo and he asked me to wait until he got paid he knew he owned the money. So I waited for pay day and now he doesn't have the extra e promised but he has the nice new bow and new hunting gear. It's not the repair bills that piss me off, it's that he promised me something he knew he couldn't give. He got something from the bonus we both know I earned.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Would you be mad?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM
He sounds like a douche
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Car repairs somehow seem more important than a tattoo to me!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I agree but he didn't say anything about it earlier this week when he said he wanted to borrow the money he promised me.

Quoting Anonymous:

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM
That's what I was thinking. Auto repair is a need, tattoo is not. Would you still be mad if it was your car that broke?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angieo39
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I don't think your a bitch...but bigger picture is car repair first....sounds like things are tighter budget wise than your feeling if have to squeeze tattoo in.
I am not against tattoos. For me its roses. We got 75 of them in lots of verities but I can't get anymore unless we got (X) extra money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM
It was for his vehicle, not mine and I knew nothing about it so I couldn't plan for the bill. He didn't say anything when he was promising he would give me the money back after he bought what he wanted. The repairs were needed, it's the way this all went down that pisses me off.

Quoting HIJKLM:

That's what I was thinking. Auto repair is a need, tattoo is not. Would you still be mad if it was your car that broke?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Things happen..responsibilities come before "extras". A few months ago my camera got broken. Since then when extra money comes up, something unexpected does as well. Sure it's disappointing, but I understand it as well. One of the things that we had to replace was a computer. It died, I could be mad because dh uses it the computer most of the time for his part time business, but I am not mad at all. When I get the camera, I will get it. Until then, I am not going to bitter about not getting want I want, when I want it.

*We do have an account with enough money to buy a camera, but we don't touch the account unless absolutely necessary. For me, a camera is a want not a need, so I will wait.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Yes you are being a prize bitch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM
I'm not mad that his vehicle needed fixed, it's that he knew about it and I didn't when he promised he would pay me back when he got paid. He bought something for himself knowing he owned those repairs.

Quoting angieo39:

I don't think your a bitch...but bigger picture is car repair first....sounds like things are tighter budget wise than your feeling if have to squeeze tattoo in.
I am not against tattoos. For me its roses. We got 75 of them in lots of verities but I can't get anymore unless we got (X) extra money

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured