Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the people who spend $1000 on food every month.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What in the world do you buy?!?! I absolutely HATE grocery shopping, so when I went out today I tried to buy enough to last us 3 weeks or so. Obviously I'm going to have to buy things like milk and produce before then, but I still spent less than $200 AND even bought snack stuff that we don't normally buy. I feel like I'd have to be eating steak and lobster every day to spend that much haha!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (111-120):
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

There are six people in our family.  We go through a gallon of milk every day, sometimes more than one a day.  Milk is between $4 and $5 a gallon here.  Conservatively we're spending $135 a month just on milk.  Add in meats, vegetables, fruits, school lunch stuff, treats, cleaning and paper products, and viola!  

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I dunno. I spend probably $800 a month.  I do buy lots of organic everything, and organic meat, where possible.  Lots of avocados, which are expensive.  I also purchase stuff for the rest of the house when I do groceries, like large bundles of paper towels and toilet paper and huge Kirkland laundry detergent containers from Costco.  It adds up.

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Mine can range from $800.00 to $1000.00 . We are a family of 10, me and hubby, our 4 'adult' children and our 4 younger children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Lol, we spend double that per month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:11 PM
We spend about 900- 1000 a month on food, and toiletries. We are feeding three adults and three kids.
mommiekatiemae3
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Why is it anyone's business anyway if you have the money to spend it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisMommy4Ever
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Lol. I think I may be the only one who spends less than any of you ladies lol. I only have a family of 3. Me, my SO and our 3yr old son. We'll be good for a month if we spend $100 on groceries. And the least I have spent is $40-$60 and it lasted us 2 weeks until SO got paid again....we are doing much better now cuz before we couldn't even buy sweets and a couple junkfood...now we can afford that....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Quoting mommiekatiemae3:

Why is it anyone's business anyway if you have the money to spend it

Why did you feel the need to post if you're not comfortable telling anyone how much you spend or what you're buying? It's a pretty productive thread where nobody is bashing anyone. There's always at least one in every group.....
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM
I spend about $200 or less a month for 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM
We spend 50-70 a week on groceries. That is for two adult (me pregnant) and three wild boys. Around 250 a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)