Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the people who spend $1000 on food every month.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What in the world do you buy?!?! I absolutely HATE grocery shopping, so when I went out today I tried to buy enough to last us 3 weeks or so. Obviously I'm going to have to buy things like milk and produce before then, but I still spent less than $200 AND even bought snack stuff that we don't normally buy. I feel like I'd have to be eating steak and lobster every day to spend that much haha!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (121-130):
lowencope
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM

We spend 400-600.  It's us, our two boys, and the dog. 

LucyHarper
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM

We spend about $400 a month, we have six, soon to be seven, people in my house, my husband, my 17 year old brother (I'm my younger siblings guardian), my 13 year old sister, 9 year old brother, 4 year old son, and myself, I'm 8 months pregnant. And we eat well, lots of meats, fruits, vegetables, good healthy meals, so I don't understand it when I see families of three spending $1000 on groceries.

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I am feeding 6 people.    I dont know what I am buying compared to what others are buying.  I have 3 adults, 2 teenagers and 1 6 yr old.  I dont buy steak or lobster.  hmm

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I just spent over 500 yesterday but we just got a new house to fill withfood. Plus we have been eatin crappy food for about a month (restuarant food and cheap easy crap when we were in the travel trailer...yuck!)so I had to get good food.

We could eat that much but we have six people and dh and I tryin to put on weight.

A garden would help, along with a food cellar:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RAH8183
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM
We probly spend 700/month but that includes diapers and wipes for my one and two year old. Toddler formula, fresh produce, and a few other high price items.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quoting mom2four1978:

Some of it depends on where you live and family size.

We spend 1200.00 a month and I watch the ads and bargin shop.

We are a family of 7 and a gallon of milk here is 3.86. Eggs 2.78 a dozen

It really breaks down to only about 6.00 a day per person.

Wow! We spend the same for milk, but that is a lot for eggs! I just paid .79 a dozen today! We go through at least 3 dozen a week since here it's cheaper than cereal.
mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Where at in MO? I spent the first 27 years of my life in MO. My whole family still lives there.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like here, too. I'm up in MO and our prices vary with each store. On average that's how much that stuff will start out at. >.< 

Quoting mom2four1978:

South central TX in a rural area. But the city near here is even more expensive.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like the price of milk and eggs here. Where are you guys at if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting mom2four1978:

~ LIZZY~

raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM
An hour from north kc.

Quoting mom2four1978:

Where at in MO? I spent the first 27 years of my life in MO. My whole family still lives there.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like here, too. I'm up in MO and our prices vary with each store. On average that's how much that stuff will start out at. >.< 

Quoting mom2four1978:

South central TX in a rural area. But the city near here is even more expensive.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like the price of milk and eggs here. Where are you guys at if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting mom2four1978:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejem
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I buy a lot of fresh produce , lean meats ect , I spend about 150-200 a week on groceries and household products. Unless you have a large family1000 a month is a lot.
Kitschy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I spend about 800, but I could easily spend that if I had the money. I buy all organic though, and I really like expensive cheese. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)