Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the people who spend $1000 on food every month.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What in the world do you buy?!?! I absolutely HATE grocery shopping, so when I went out today I tried to buy enough to last us 3 weeks or so. Obviously I'm going to have to buy things like milk and produce before then, but I still spent less than $200 AND even bought snack stuff that we don't normally buy. I feel like I'd have to be eating steak and lobster every day to spend that much haha!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (131-140):
Kitschy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I spend 5.98 for a gallon of milk and 3.98 for 1 dozen eggs. :(

Quoting raye-chan:

An hour from north kc.

Quoting mom2four1978:

Where at in MO? I spent the first 27 years of my life in MO. My whole family still lives there.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like here, too. I'm up in MO and our prices vary with each store. On average that's how much that stuff will start out at. >.< 

Quoting mom2four1978:

South central TX in a rural area. But the city near here is even more expensive.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like the price of milk and eggs here. Where are you guys at if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting mom2four1978:

Some of it depends on where you live and family size.

We spend 1200.00 a month and I watch the ads and bargin shop.

We are a family of 7 and a gallon of milk here is 3.86. Eggs 2.78 a dozen

It really breaks down to only about 6.00 a day per person.

mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I lived a half hour south of St.Louis.

Quoting raye-chan:

An hour from north kc.

Quoting mom2four1978:

Where at in MO? I spent the first 27 years of my life in MO. My whole family still lives there.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like here, too. I'm up in MO and our prices vary with each store. On average that's how much that stuff will start out at. >.< 

Quoting mom2four1978:

South central TX in a rural area. But the city near here is even more expensive.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like the price of milk and eggs here. Where are you guys at if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting mom2four1978:

~ LIZZY~

raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Holy! My jaw dropped seeing that price! I'm afraid of the price of that stuff going up here soon. I bake a lot :(

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting raye-chan:

An hour from north kc.

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Cool :) I don't seem to find many people around here or used to be lol well sorta around my area lol

Quoting mom2four1978:

I lived a half hour south of St.Louis.

Quoting raye-chan:

An hour from north kc.

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Me too. I buy organic but I still have to drive to a store 20 minutes from my house to get prices that good. :(

Quoting raye-chan:

Holy! My jaw dropped seeing that price! I'm afraid of the price of that stuff going up here soon. I bake a lot :(

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting raye-chan:

An hour from north kc.

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

mommybug77
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM
We spend a good $1000 a month on 6 of us. We buy what we want. That doesn't include any household supplies.
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM

We spend about 600-800 a month. That includes household items, too. I don't buy a lot of processed stuff or junk. The occasional junky treat, though, form time to time. Mostly it's the fresh fruits and veggies and milk that gets expensive and the organic sugar. My hubby is a tea freak and drinks tons of it. He goes through a lot of sugar, and I refuse to buy the refined white sugar.

raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM
D: we only have wal mart here so quality sucks :(

Quoting Kitschy:

Me too. I buy organic but I still have to drive to a store 20 minutes from my house to get prices that good. :(

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting raye-chan:

An hour from north kc.

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I feel ya. I have to drive almost an hour to get the almost 4.00 a gallon milk. Here in our small town they charge more for non organic. I've gotten pretty good at planning bi-weekly trips so I don't have to go so often.

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting raye-chan:

An hour from north kc.

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting mom2four1978:

~ LIZZY~

LovelyDayz
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I hate grocery shopping as well. So I usually go to BJs or Coscos. If not I just go to the supermarket for just juice, milk, eggs, bread, oatmeal/cereal,meats, side dishes, fruits/vegs, & snacks. I have never spent over $400 a month

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)