Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the people who spend $1000 on food every month.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What in the world do you buy?!?! I absolutely HATE grocery shopping, so when I went out today I tried to buy enough to last us 3 weeks or so. Obviously I'm going to have to buy things like milk and produce before then, but I still spent less than $200 AND even bought snack stuff that we don't normally buy. I feel like I'd have to be eating steak and lobster every day to spend that much haha!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
lilbit04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM
It's gunna go up in about a year when I give birth and put my 4th boy on solid foods...I'm not looking forward to when they are teenagers.

Quoting Anonymous:

$400 is really good for a family with 3 boys though!

Quoting lilbit04:

I think it depends on the family size....we spend about 400 a month sometimes more...I have 3 boys that can eat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
To be honest, I just see what I want and put it into the cart. I don't look at the price. It's a lot of good steaks, seafood and quite a bit of beverages and produce. I think that's the bulk of the items that cost so much. If I were to add in what we spend going out to eat, that would be a whole other topic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBuck09
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:10 PM
We spend $200-$250 every 3 weeks and that includes all food and things we need around the house, along with diapers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I spend about 150 for 2 people plus two fur children.

I coupon my ass off stock up and price match. I rarely will buy anything that is not on sale, killer sale.

However i go through maybe a gallon of milk every two months. My cat uses most of the milk. (I only use it to cook and freeze most of it)

I do buy steaks and roasts and stuff but I'm. Cheap. Ill never pay regular price and i prefer cheaper cuts of steak (i don't know why)

we don't eat seafood here except tuna and rarely eat fresh veggies except corn potatoes spinach lettuce and carrots (and cauliflower when I'm smoking) because i don't like them and frankly have no idea how to prepare them in a way we would eat.

I do buy canned veggies and puree them a la sneaky chef (LOVE this book!) But i friend to stick to frozen/canned since I'm hiding their taste and the nutrition content is the same.

I'm baffled by how people can spend so much too but at the same time, not everyone can or does eat how we do.

I know gluten free and special diet foods are EXPENSIVE!

Buying for my lapband needs is expensive enough.. when its inflated it tacks on an extra 50-100 a month because of nutritional supplements i have to take and the special foods i have to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gimmeonehour
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM
We spend about $500 -600 for a family of 5...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I can easily spend $1000 a month if not more to feed 7-8 adults and one baby. We don't eat steak or lobster , pork , chicken , beef , turkey. Fresh items like fruits and veggies are probably a little under half that cost.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM
What do YOU buy that for 3 weeks you spent under $200. ?? Lots of boxed meals ?? Processed crap ??
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I spend about 300 a month for two adults/1 toddler. I buy a lot of meat, fruits, most of our veggies come from df garden.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I coupon, and we don't spend more than $300/mo for a family of 4. That includes all toiletries, cleaning supplies, diapers, etc. We have a nice stockpile of things which helps a little.
$1000 is crazy to me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM

My husband and I don't spend that but we do go out to restaurants that cost $100 plus for two. Maybe the people who spend that on food are eating out at nice restaurants once a week?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)