Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the people who spend $1000 on food every month.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What in the world do you buy?!?! I absolutely HATE grocery shopping, so when I went out today I tried to buy enough to last us 3 weeks or so. Obviously I'm going to have to buy things like milk and produce before then, but I still spent less than $200 AND even bought snack stuff that we don't normally buy. I feel like I'd have to be eating steak and lobster every day to spend that much haha!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (41-50):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

It can depend on the size of the family and if they have any special diets. My friend has a little boy how has to have gluten free food, a loaf of bread is $5

702girly
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I would spend about 1000 a month if I didn't coupon. Produce is a big expense in our house. We go through a pound of fresh spinach, a pound of baby carrots, 1/2 bunch of celery, 2 bell peppers and 2 cucumbers a day on average. None of that includes vegetables used in meals.

We also don't eat many filler foods like rice, bread or pasta. 

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I spend around 150.00 a week on groceries. Whole foods only I cook from scratch. Also my 16 yr old packs his lunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I often wonder what they spend that much on also. We spend an average of about 275 a month for the 3 of us.I don't know what I'll do if groceries continue to rise I can't afford what I do spend now.

indyb
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM

We spend about 800 a month for 6 people but that includes diapers and a lot of fresh produce,  we don't buy a lot of snacks or anything like that though and I make quite a bit from scratch.

dommad2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM
This is us, for our family of 4. I also have a son who has to eat 6 small meals a day to maintain his sugar levels so we go through tons of produce!!

Quoting Anonymous:

We spend about 800-900 a month. We are a family of 6. We dont eat a lot of steak and lobster, but we do on occassion.

I think our biggest cost is fresh produce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM
we use to be around the $900 a month.. I have cut it down to $600 for a family of 5.... our biggest expense is fresh fruits and veggies and then i do buy frozen veggies as well. but this also includes toiletries, cleaning and diapers and wipes if they are needed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Yea my brain is still fuzzy from being sick. For some reason deleting what u wrote didn't compute, so I just went with it.
But feel free to steal :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I love that you said "eats boob" I'm totally stealing that phrase haha

Quoting Twix.Leigh:

We spend about 1-200/trip, with maybe a couple 20 $ trips between. Mind you our oldest is only 3 and our youngest only eats boob, and my mum hardly eats at all.

If I spent that much, I'd need to like... Have a huge freezer lol. And more cupboards.

Oh and a much bigger stroller haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stargazerpagan
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I spend around $400 a month for a family of 4.

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM
siliacs disease (sp?) is very expensive to buy for as they require their own butters and such so you dont cross contaminate.

Quoting othermom:

It can depend on the size of the family and if they have any special diets. My friend has a little boy how has to have gluten free food, a loaf of bread is $5

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)