Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I haven't had a soda since...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
Wednesday, when I found out I was pregnant. I am so proud of myself! I have been trying to kick this habit for ages now. I was drinking two cans of diet soda a day. I really don't want my baby to have all that caffeine and artificial 'sugar' so I am going to remain strong for little papoose :)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

good luck!! my Dr had told me that a can of coke a day wasn't bad, but i gave it up anyway! it was hard!!

Kitschy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

If you can make it through pregnancy you can make it after too! That's how I gave up smoking. I stopped drinking soda when I was 18. I remember it being really hard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Good for you! I have been trying to quit for a year now. I know if I had one a day, I would slip and drink more! It is hard but I know that it will be worth it :)

Quoting Anonymous:

good luck!! my Dr had told me that a can of coke a day wasn't bad, but i gave it up anyway! it was hard!!

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Diet Coke forever for me. Period. You're a brave soul.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meparty
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I had some gingerale when I was preggo, thats it.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Congratulations.

I haven't had a soda since November 8 2009. Well I had a flat soda the other day per drs orders (liquid diet with my lapband, carbonation is a no no) and honestly I can say I dont crave it anymore!

Congrats :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
That is what I am hoping. It has been a thorn in my side for a long time now. It's time to give it up.

Quoting Kitschy:

If you can make it through pregnancy you can make it after too! That's how I gave up smoking. I stopped drinking soda when I was 18. I remember it being really hard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Thanks!

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Congratulations.

I haven't had a soda since November 8 2009. Well I had a flat soda the other day per drs orders (liquid diet with my lapband, carbonation is a no no) and honestly I can say I dont crave it anymore!

Congrats :D

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

You will probably notice more energy within about a week (even being in the first stages of pregnancy). Soda is a once in awhile thing for me now.

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I drink a 20 oz a day of Dr. Pepper and I'm pregnant with twins. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN