Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

you have baby fever so you are buying a puppy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

thats what my cousins wife said today....im mean honestly they cant have a baby right now because they are low income, so they are buying dog?! shes been looking up coupons for dog food for 3 days now and have 20 printed out, she found coupons for dog beds and collers, and bowles.....i dont understand this at all if you cant afford a baby why buy a fucking dog because you have "baby fever"

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Replies (61-65):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I bought a dog to keep me company while the kids are in school. But then again I could afford the$1000 for the dog and my digs outfits, toys, food, and collar.
unspecified42
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I got my two kittens this time last year. I wanted a baby so badly, and my surrogate daughter was terminally ill and I was so depressed. I knew I couldn't have a baby of my own because the timing was so bad, so having them was (and is) very therapeutic. Animals aren't the same as babies, no, but they are very good for hurting hearts regardless.

Dogs are a heck of a lot cheaper than babies. I don't see what you aren't understanding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM

because a puppy is like a child and costs less.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM

From experience.....REALLY BAD IDEA, lol

luvmymunchkins3
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM
do you know them? do you now how much money they have? no you dont so how can you say they are making a poor decision? would you like for them to have another baby that they may or may not be able to pay for it.if they can pay for the dog whats the problem

Quoting Greenstone920:

Ahhh yes. Here it is: the "you're just jealous" response. Nobody is jealous of stupidity, and poor impulsive decisions.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

you just sound jealous that they are getting a puppy.i mean why else would you care so much.and really for a dog they dont need that much money to care for it

Quoting Anonymous:

they complain all the time how they never have enough money to go anywhere, my cousin told me usually their left over money is $80-90

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

do you go and look at their bank account every month to know what they have.and just because they dont have alot doesnt mean they cant afford to care for a dog.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

and who are you to say when someone can and cant not care for something?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

says who? YOU?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

At least we won't have to support her kids welfare. WTG on the dog!

they shouldnt even be getting a stupid dog

says anyone who knows how to care for a dog properly

if someone only has $80 at the end of the month they cant care for a dog properly period

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN