Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

you have baby fever so you are buying a puppy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

thats what my cousins wife said today....im mean honestly they cant have a baby right now because they are low income, so they are buying dog?! shes been looking up coupons for dog food for 3 days now and have 20 printed out, she found coupons for dog beds and collers, and bowles.....i dont understand this at all if you cant afford a baby why buy a fucking dog because you have "baby fever"

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
KristaElizabeth
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I know this couple that did the same thing with kittens, after DF and I foundout we were having a baby....people these days. 

jamieharper08
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

It's not your business. I wonder if she knows you talk about her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Uh yes it doesnt affect you in anyway and it isn't your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting atyou:

You are such a sensitive soul.

so i should be supportive of something i find utterly stupid?

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Dogs are cheaper than babies. She sounds sensible to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting KristaElizabeth:

I know this couple that did the same thing with kittens, after DF and I foundout we were having a baby....people these days. 

i dont get it...why cant she wait until they can afford a baby and just have a baby...her womb isnt gonna shrivel up and rot waiting for a year or 2

mitikusmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I got a yorkie last fall when my youngest went to kindergarten!  I still get bursts of baby fever, but they have been much fewer since I got my puppy!

Quoting sheramom4:

I can no longer have children and we are not quite ready to go ahead with our adoption plans as of yet, so for Valentine's Day 2011 my husband bought me a puppy. I totally have baby fever so he tried his best to alleviate some of that. We could afford the puppy of course and he was trying to be sweet. I love my little chihuahua baby....

MooreMom523
Glad she chose a dog over a baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mummy1990

Are you offended? lol. I don't get the point of why you're caring so much. A puppy is cheaper than another human. 

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sheramom4:

I can no longer have children and we are not quite ready to go ahead with our adoption plans as of yet, so for Valentine's Day 2011 my husband bought me a puppy. I totally have baby fever so he tried his best to alleviate some of that. We could afford the puppy of course and he was trying to be sweet. I love my little chihuahua baby....

thats different though, they have about $80 extra after bills and the nessecities for the month...

Dogs are expensive, so I can understand where you are coming from. Two of our dogs ended up needing emergency vet services this summer and it was almost 1000.00 for the visits (one had to stay overnight). It was still a bit steep for us, but we made it work (created a tight month). I don't think people realize what a dog costs for maintenance, vet visits, emergencies etc...they are almost as expensive as having a child!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Quoting mummy1990:

Are you offended? lol. I don't get the point of why you're caring so much. A puppy is cheaper than another human. 

they  are going to ask for food or for one of us to watch it or something

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)