Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

you have baby fever so you are buying a puppy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

thats what my cousins wife said today....im mean honestly they cant have a baby right now because they are low income, so they are buying dog?! shes been looking up coupons for dog food for 3 days now and have 20 printed out, she found coupons for dog beds and collers, and bowles.....i dont understand this at all if you cant afford a baby why buy a fucking dog because you have "baby fever"

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Quoting mitikusmom:

I got a yorkie last fall when my youngest went to kindergarten!  I still get bursts of baby fever, but they have been much fewer since I got my puppy!

Quoting sheramom4:

I can no longer have children and we are not quite ready to go ahead with our adoption plans as of yet, so for Valentine's Day 2011 my husband bought me a puppy. I totally have baby fever so he tried his best to alleviate some of that. We could afford the puppy of course and he was trying to be sweet. I love my little chihuahua baby....

Mine too. It definitely made life a little easier. I have had to have a complete hysterectomy, so hormones combined with baby fever=nutty wife. My husband was willing to do anything to make it better.

mummy1990
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM

If they ask just say no.....simple. Its  not your responsibility.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mummy1990:

Are you offended? lol. I don't get the point of why you're caring so much. A puppy is cheaper than another human. 

they  are going to ask for food or for one of us to watch it or something

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Dogs are cheaper in the long run then a baby.

Dogs don't need baby sitters if you have to work an 8 hour day.

Stop being a bitch.

I can't have any more kids. We are a bit rocky with money right now so I have a kitten. The kitten is way cheaper then a baby. This kittens food lasts 4 weeks at $10 a bag. Water is free. A large bag of kitty litter $10 a month so $20 a month on a kitten verses the $100's it would be for a baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM
I'm sure the dog will care if it desperately needs to see a vet and they can't afford it. After watching a dog go through a 3-day seizure before dying of what I assume was a brain hemorrhage because its owners couldn't afford to bring it to the vet, I am absolutely against owning pets you cannot afford :(

Quoting atyou:

You should quit being cunty. Who cares if a dog makes the chick feel better?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting atyou:

You are such a sensitive soul.

so i should be supportive of something i find utterly stupid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sheramom4:

I can no longer have children and we are not quite ready to go ahead with our adoption plans as of yet, so for Valentine's Day 2011 my husband bought me a puppy. I totally have baby fever so he tried his best to alleviate some of that. We could afford the puppy of course and he was trying to be sweet. I love my little chihuahua baby....

thats different though, they have about $80 extra after bills and the nessecities for the month...

Dogs are expensive, so I can understand where you are coming from. Two of our dogs ended up needing emergency vet services this summer and it was almost 1000.00 for the visits (one had to stay overnight). It was still a bit steep for us, but we made it work (created a tight month). I don't think people realize what a dog costs for maintenance, vet visits, emergencies etc...they are almost as expensive as having a child!

exactly i mean my cousins wife has had 7 dogs in her life, so i know she knows how to take care of one, thats not what im worried about, its the money, shes gonna be asking the family for stuff

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Who pissed on your Cheerios?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

At least we won't have to support her kids welfare. WTG on the dog!

they shouldnt even be getting a stupid dog

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

they have $80 extra at the end of the month, im completely against people having an animal that they cant afford and if she has to look for coupon JUST to be able to get the dog then they cant afford it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Its not your concern. not your household

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

they have $80 extra at the end of the month, im completely against people having an animal that they cant afford and if she has to look for coupon JUST to be able to get the dog then they cant afford it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

it is a concern, they cant afford an animal why should i be happy about something thats more then likely going to end badly

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM
How is it your concern?

1) do you live there?

2) do you pay their bills?

3) do you buy them things they need?

Im gonna guess NO

So since its NOT your household. NOT your money, NOT your bills

No not your concern. Worry about your family and your household

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

it is a concern, they cant afford an animal why should i be happy about something thats more then likely going to end badly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)