Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ER Visits.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When was the last time YOU were in the ER as a patient. Not as a mother or a gf/wife/fiancee. I was there almost two months ago when I had a kidney infection and a kidney stone! Prior to that it was six month ago when I broke my leg.

Does your ER have a sympathetic nursing staff or are they total jerks??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Replies (181-189):
cherrywaves21
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Op asked how the docs and nurses were. The ones I encountered were rude and nasty.

But I wasn't surprised because of t location. Im not sure how to make it clearer. In case your mobile and centaur see my avi I'm mixed.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

What does not being surprised of being pregnant and being 10 miles from a racist town have in common? Im confused.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

I was in the ER 18 months ago.

I thought I was dying ( seriously) had a shit ton of tests ran. Just to find out my eggo was preggo.

I was puking non stop had a fever and I had a super tender spleen for a week. It was all pregnacny related.

They all sucked. But I wasn't surprised seeing as I was 10 miles from an uber racist town. They had the largest KKK rallies and shit like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM
May as a patient, I came in by ambulance with difficulty breathing. I had pneumonia. Being an EMT I know the doctors and nurses quite well and they were awesome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstricey
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Miscarriage, couple of months ago. Idk how long it was before then. Maybe 4 or 5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Many months ago for my knee and the staff was aweoms.Of course my husband works there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I've never been given a reason for my utis/kidney infections it just happens. One moment I'm fine then a day later I'm sick as hell vomiting and in pain.

Quoting dallascowboys82:

I get uti all the time. My urethra is to short so i am prone to infections

Quoting Anonymous:

I wont bash because I am the same way! I am prone to uti and kidney infections. I would rather be in the er than in the hospital for a week.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Last time I was in there for me was over a year ago for a massive bladder infection. Go ahead and bash. I get UTI's all the time and catching them quickly is key. On a Friday night i would rather go to the ER and get it treated then wait till Monday and be unable to stand.

crazysheep
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Last time was roughly 2 years ago. I had major food poisoning and major dehydration. I remember them taking just a tube of blood and I was still sitting in the chair when my face went pure white like a ghost (and people already compare me to a ghost lol) and 'lights out' for me for the next 2 minutes lol. I had to stay in the hospital for 2 days. They thought it was something really serious other then just shitty food related.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I had to go to the hospital last weekend for the same thing (kidney infection and 2 kidney stones). However, I called my midwife when I started having pain and Labor and Delivery had a room ready for me so I never had to wait in the ER. 

The last time I actually had to stay in the ER was in July for a kidney infection. 

My kidneys have not been happy with this pregnancy. They seem to like to wake me up in the middle of the night in severe pain. 

helema24
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM

depends on the hospital memorial has nurses that will make fun of patients at the station and baptist south has nurses that will talk about patients but more for information. their maternity ward ha snurses that will talk about if certain patients are haveing pain meds or not. heck i giggled at the nurses reaction to a woman screaming cause she was doing i tnatural only cause i was going natural... i was walkin the halls to dialate more before being admitted. heck the only time i screamed was when they were messing with my cervix to get it to come to the front!!! and as for being an er patient was when i was preg with my daughter and my dh took me to memorial cause i was sick as all get out and couldnt keep anything down so he took me. that was over a year ago!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I remembered I was also in our ER about six weeks ago and the nurses were absolute sweethearts. They got me pain management very quickly and didn't try to hurt me with the iv in fact I couldn't even tell it went in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)