Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ER Visits.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When was the last time YOU were in the ER as a patient. Not as a mother or a gf/wife/fiancee. I was there almost two months ago when I had a kidney infection and a kidney stone! Prior to that it was six month ago when I broke my leg.

Does your ER have a sympathetic nursing staff or are they total jerks??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
KekeLi938
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Back in Aug. Went in thinking I was having a miscarriage, or tubal pregnancy. The staff was great to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Kidney infections are horrific. When I went with mine the first nurse I had was a complete bitch. She was telling me to turn over and I was trying to but I has shaking so bad and in so much pain it was hard. She snapped and said "start being nice to me and ill be nice too". I asked for a new nurse.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

back in march or april. Kidney infection as well. It freaking sucked. 

Before that it was last september. I was pregnant and puking blood.

Mommy2AlexAraya
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Last Sunday. I have bronchitis and it kicked up my asthma so I was having a hard time breathing. The er staff has always been great whenever I have gone for myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM
When I was hemmoraging during a MC. They were AWESOME.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM
It has been years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Back in July. I had a pelvic infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I went in July. I had my gallbladder removed last year but was having the same kinds of pain....didn't know if it was a complication or coincidence.

They weren't very helpful lol but I've had great experiences there before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Back in July, I was having chest pains. Turned out to be a massive pulmonary embolism. All the staff was awesome, the doctor was VERY nice and his quick thinking/diagnosis probably helped save my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Last time I was in the ER for myself wasJune 2011. I broke my leg when I was 18 weeks pregnant. I had to have emergancy surgery to repair it and now have a titanium rod from my knee cap to my ankle. Most of the staff was nice. My night nurse that I had post surgery was a raging wench and I had to go above her head a few times to the charge nurse/doctors. For some reason she thought it wise to deny me pain medications immediately after surgery....

TheirCrazyMom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Last month. I ended up admitted for a week. I had a brown recluse bite that contracted MRSA. It was horrible. I still have a wound vac attached and get it packed 3xs a week :( The staff were amazing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN