Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ER Visits.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When was the last time YOU were in the ER as a patient. Not as a mother or a gf/wife/fiancee. I was there almost two months ago when I had a kidney infection and a kidney stone! Prior to that it was six month ago when I broke my leg.

Does your ER have a sympathetic nursing staff or are they total jerks??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

when I was pregnant with my son in 2009 and started to bleed heavily...I thought I was losing him so I went to the er - I was 18 weeks along and eveything turned out fine.  My DH couldn't bother to leave his golf game to come with me so my SIL came with.  ugh

kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Last year when my back hurt so bad I couldn't stand up straight or walk. It was a herniated disc :-( The nursing staff was OK at first, but when my DH mentioned that I'm a nurse they became fabulous lol. To me, most Drs are jerks anyway...it's the nurses that form my opinion about my care. But I Gould be biased lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM

My nurse was awesome. The doctor was an asshat. I asked for a new one and when I told the new doctor that the other one said " we cant do anything for you, you need to go to your doctors tomorrow.". The new doctor was like "he said what now?". lol. I was severely dehydrated so they put me on some IV fluids for several hours.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kidney infections are horrific. When I went with mine the first nurse I had was a complete bitch. She was telling me to turn over and I was trying to but I has shaking so bad and in so much pain it was hard. She snapped and said "start being nice to me and ill be nice too". I asked for a new nurse.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

back in march or april. Kidney infection as well. It freaking sucked. 

Before that it was last september. I was pregnant and puking blood.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM

about 5 years ago for a broken toe.... they were very nice and teased me about it.

.JuneDiva629.
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM
About a year ago when i had a d&c.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM
August 2011. Really nasty uti.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I think it's been years....I really don't remember.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.DebB
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:25 PM
5 years ago for a "threatened miscarriage". Everything turned out okay, but it was scary for a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZacharyCainsmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I was therea few months ago. I'm pregnant and had terrible morning sickness and was severely dehydrated. :(

Pnukey
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Voluntarily, only one time, last summer for my first UTI. I thougth I was dying.

Oh, and 12 years ago, after a car accident. They made me go. I was fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN