Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ER Visits.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When was the last time YOU were in the ER as a patient. Not as a mother or a gf/wife/fiancee. I was there almost two months ago when I had a kidney infection and a kidney stone! Prior to that it was six month ago when I broke my leg.

Does your ER have a sympathetic nursing staff or are they total jerks??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
xpectingmama10
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM
When I was 22 years ago when I was 4 I slipped and fell on a mail and got a huge gash I can still remember seeing my shin bone. Yup good times...lol haven't been since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM
About two months ago, I'm pregnant and I had some unusual abdominal pain on the weekend so my dr had me go in and get it checked out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Last place I was...ummm.

We found out recently I have been exposed to black mold for a long time(we found it when it finally broke through the celing in the laundry room in my last rental). They kept telling me I had a cold...I smoke too much. I wasn't really sick I just wanted meds...ummm.

Yeah I am not very keen on being told I am crazy. I know I am crazy...this was the first thing I was being sane about.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I hope you gave him absolute hell for that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

when I was pregnant with my son in 2009 and started to bleed heavily...I thought I was losing him so I went to the er - I was 18 weeks along and eveything turned out fine.  My DH couldn't bother to leave his golf game to come with me so my SIL came with.  ugh

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Last night ;( had a severe migraine and was sick to my stomach. Had a cat scan done.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM
When I gave birth to my daughter. Last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM
They put me on iv antibiotics and fluids plus pain meds and anti nausea meds. I felt a million times better when I left than when I went in. The mean nurse was given to the lady next to me and she was all sugary sweetness to her. Kind of pissed me off.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

My nurse was awesome. The doctor was an asshat. I asked for a new one and when I told the new doctor that the other one said " we cant do anything for you, you need to go to your doctors tomorrow.". The new doctor was like "he said what now?". lol. I was severely dehydrated so they put me on some IV fluids for several hours.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kidney infections are horrific. When I went with mine the first nurse I had was a complete bitch. She was telling me to turn over and I was trying to but I has shaking so bad and in so much pain it was hard. She snapped and said "start being nice to me and ill be nice too". I asked for a new nurse.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

back in march or april. Kidney infection as well. It freaking sucked. 

Before that it was last september. I was pregnant and puking blood.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM

August 2nd was the last time I was in the ER for me. I was in a car accident (hit just shy of head on) I was strapped to a backboard for a good 5hrs complaining that my right arm hurt incredibly bad, and asked multiple times for them to look at it. They refused, and told me that I was "a restrained driver who was t-boned on the passenger side of my vehicle - so there's nothing wrong with your arm".  I tried explaining that I wasn't t-boned, and it didn't really matter where I was hit - I couldn't move my arm it hurt so bad. They sent me home and told me to follow up with my regular doc within a week. That was on a Thursday. The following Tuesday, I was able to get into see my doc, who took one look at my useless right arm and sent me to Orthopedics. They did xrays, and my arm was broken. 

Assholes. 

kansasmom1978
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Last time I was in there for me was over a year ago for a massive bladder infection. Go ahead and bash. I get UTI's all the time and catching them quickly is key. On a Friday night i would rather go to the ER and get it treated then wait till Monday and be unable to stand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM
I wont bash because I am the same way! I am prone to uti and kidney infections. I would rather be in the er than in the hospital for a week.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Last time I was in there for me was over a year ago for a massive bladder infection. Go ahead and bash. I get UTI's all the time and catching them quickly is key. On a Friday night i would rather go to the ER and get it treated then wait till Monday and be unable to stand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)