Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Screwy Relationship Situation :-/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
I have 2 kids with my "long distance" bf. We live 2 1/2 hours apart. I live at home with my parents and he lives with friends while going to school (we're 22). He won't move down here because he wants to finish his degree up there (he's in OK, I'm in TX) and says we'll move in together when he finishes college. I go up to see him with the kids every week, it's like playing house. It also doesn't help that I found out 2 wks ago that I'm pregnant again. So basically I'm down here being a mom and taking care of the kids while he's up there being a carefree college guy that only has to take care of his kids a few days a week. I'm not even sure how to deal with this. I think we won't last. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM
9 moms liked this

he has it sweet why would he want to change? And why in the hellare you going to bring another innocent baby into this mess of a relationship?

FL2AK
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM
6 moms liked this
I can understand him wanting to finish his degree, but I can't understand three pregnancies in your situation and at your age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM
4 moms liked this
Why are you continuing to bring kids in this messed up situation? I think it's very disrespectful and irresponsible of you to continue having kids while you're living under your parents roof. Do you have a job? Or are you living off your parents? Are you in school? What are you doing besides getting knocked up?

What a mess!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds as though you're either very insecure all of a sudden or you've had a revelation about the future of your relationship. Either way, decide what works for you and your kids and make some decisions instead of just letting life happen to you. We are all responsible for ourselves, our offspring, and our happiness. He either makes you happy or he doesn't. There are things you can be doing, even while pregnant, to improve your situation. Instead of using money to go visit you can be using that for an education, child care while you work, all sorts of things.  There are lots of social services available to get you on a path to independence.  If he still wants to be with you then it's a win-win.  If he doesn't then you're not destitute and you making strides to be independent. Indepence should be the goal. Whatever he decides, living well is the best revenge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Because I don't believe in abortion.

Quoting shivasgirl:

he has it sweet why would he want to change? And why in the hellare you going to bring another innocent baby into this mess of a relationship?

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I'm in TX too I assume close to where I live.  Want a friend?  I really think you should find someone else to be with if this bothers you.  :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM

wait... i dont get it.

whats stopping you from moving up there? he's getting a degree- it'll help with the kids... you havent said anything about what you are doing-- school, work, something?

does he support the kids?

LDR are hard and if one gives up, it def wont last.

bleedhairspray
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I would think after two kids, and living apart you'd start being a little more considerate of yourselfs and be more careful. You're being a mom, he's being the average college guy, he's getting the carefree life and you're working your ass off. Take care of yourself and take care of your kids because he's going to have a really hard time adjusting to being a full time dad after school is over and might not stick around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM

All of this sounds like it's not a good situation. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
8 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

You must not believe in birth control either!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)