Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Screwy Relationship Situation :-/

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have 2 kids with my "long distance" bf. We live 2 1/2 hours apart. I live at home with my parents and he lives with friends while going to school (we're 22). He won't move down here because he wants to finish his degree up there (he's in OK, I'm in TX) and says we'll move in together when he finishes college. I go up to see him with the kids every week, it's like playing house. It also doesn't help that I found out 2 wks ago that I'm pregnant again. So basically I'm down here being a mom and taking care of the kids while he's up there being a carefree college guy that only has to take care of his kids a few days a week. I'm not even sure how to deal with this. I think we won't last. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:03 PM
By the time the first pregnancy happened, my bf was working on a situation for us to live together. At the time it was more convenient for me to just wait at home because I was expecting to move out. My mom gets impatient about it, but my dad doesn't mind as much because he loves having my kids around.

Quoting 3xangel:

Glad to hear that you are working, but why don't you have your own place? How do your parents feel about your situation? I think you should start preparing to be a full time single mother, because it doesn't sound like he's ready to settle down. He would be with you guys if that's what he really wanted.
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm one of the managers at a tanning salon in my town and I babysit/clean for my parents. I'm not in school.

Quoting 3xangel:

Why are you continuing to bring kids in this messed up situation? I think it's very disrespectful and irresponsible of you to continue having kids while you're living under your parents roof. Do you have a job? Or are you living off your parents? Are you in school? What are you doing besides getting knocked up?

What a mess!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM
This is his fifth year, he'll graduate in 2014.

Quoting wkukid:

How long has he been in college? If he started when you had the first child he should either be done or really close to done by now. Even if he went 4 years.

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Id bet ALL of my birthday money your "Boyfriend" is married!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I can't just up and move with 2 kids with me. His roommates wouldn't want us living there too long and the lease wouldn't let us, and there's no guarantee I could just get a job quickly and move out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you move to where he is and get a job there ?

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Is he in med school or something?
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM
The pull out method is not a form of hormonal birth control. Going off your reply, you only used birth control once.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've explained in another comment how they happened. I was using hormonal BC 2 out of 3 times.

Quoting 3xangel:

So, you don't believe in birth control or taking personal responsibility over your vagina, either?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I don't believe in abortion.

Quoting shivasgirl:

he has it sweet why would he want to change? And why in the hellare you going to bring another innocent baby into this mess of a relationship?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM

You honestly need to get over him. it sounds like he's made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to live with you. Easier said than done, but it's time to move on.

sallyblueeyes
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM
He comes down here for holidays and birthdays.

Quoting angie729:

Well...you should have put more thought into things before having children with him.  If he is making excuses why you and the children can not move down there and be with him that would be a huge red flag to me. Does he ever come to see you and the children or is always yall going down to see him? If he never comes to you that would be another red flag. Im not trying to be mean but just pointing out things I see...being honest with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's always been this way.

Quoting angie729:

Was this how your relationship was when you entered into it? Or did one of you move away?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I was on BC for the third one, and I've taken it and been careful about it. That's why I say I don't know how it happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

No you didn't. You said the pill for the first one because you were ignorant about how the pill works. You said the second was a pull out baby. And the third you don't know how it happened. Each pregnancy was a result of being irresponsible.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've explained in another comment how they happened. I was using hormonal BC 2 out of 3 times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN