Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Screwy Relationship Situation :-/

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have 2 kids with my "long distance" bf. We live 2 1/2 hours apart. I live at home with my parents and he lives with friends while going to school (we're 22). He won't move down here because he wants to finish his degree up there (he's in OK, I'm in TX) and says we'll move in together when he finishes college. I go up to see him with the kids every week, it's like playing house. It also doesn't help that I found out 2 wks ago that I'm pregnant again. So basically I'm down here being a mom and taking care of the kids while he's up there being a carefree college guy that only has to take care of his kids a few days a week. I'm not even sure how to deal with this. I think we won't last. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Replies (91-100):
Icpjuggalette
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM

LOL thanx, i think someone else made me that one, i do have some i have made, i can pick a random halloween siggy for ya, What name do u want on it? lol

Quoting lowencope:

Quoting Icpjuggalette:

What about birth control, condoms? :/

I love your siggy can you make me one?  halloween is fun! 

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Lucy or lowencope

Quoting Icpjuggalette:

LOL thanx, i think someone else made me that one, i do have some i have made, i can pick a random halloween siggy for ya, What name do u want on it? lol

Quoting lowencope:

Quoting Icpjuggalette:

What about birth control, condoms? :/

I love your siggy can you make me one?  halloween is fun! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Why dont you move up to where he is?  This is a very mess up situation :S

LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM

so he doesnt work at all to upport you and his kids? Cant he transfer to a college near you? How much more college does he got ahead of him>

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Does he support the children? Do you? Who is paying the bill?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

And after all that crap and three kids together, the fact that he can make more excuses about why you two shouldn't live together, is BS. There's no reason he can't transfer to be closer to you. It's time for him to step up or break up with you, either way he needs to make a choice. And seriously, pull out method when you already have a kid and aren't living with him because you can't make it work? Bad decision making all around, but I get it, the kids are here and there's no taking that back. Still, you both need to grow up and find a way to parent your children together. If he's okay with being away from you this much (without a good reason like a really good job that can't be moved, or needing health care that's only available where he's at, nonnegotiable MAJOR things) then you need to wonder if this man really wants to be with you. There's no way dh would be okay with spending that much time away from me and dd unless there's just no other way around it, but in this case you both are just making bad choices. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a manager at a tanning salon, and no I didn't go to college. There's nothing specific I want to do with my life so I figured school would be a waste of time for me. Yes I'm unhappy in my situation, I've tried time and time again to get him to live with me, whether it be down here or up where he is. It's just so difficult for me to explain the crap I've went through these past 2 years just to be with him.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

This is most definitely a situation that is one piled high mess.

I totally understand him wanting to finish his degree. He has higher earning potential with a degree. With three kids to support he's going to need high earning potential.  A degree also helps when it comes to raises and promotions. Both of which will be needed over the years supporting three children (if not more at the rate you guys are going).

I do not understand your issues with the present situation. This is a situation that has been going on for awhile now. You knew this was the situation when you made the choice to have another child. Yes you are the one having to be mom and take care of your kids the majority of the time on your own. However, you probably knew that was going to be the case by at least your 2nd child, if not you most definitely knew it by the 3rd.

Are you unhappy with the situation and want it to change? Or are you just having a moment now and just need to get it out? If you are unhappy in this situation and want it to change, what is the change that would make you happy?

What do you do for a living? Did you go to college? If not why did you decide not to?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM
So move up there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM
OMG! Why are you breeding?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM

2 and a half hours is not a real long disance relationship...he is going to school so that he can get a good job and be able to provide for his kids...why can't you move there to be with him...why are you wanting him to drop out of school to move there...my dh and I were in a real long distance relationship for 6 months and I was in Alaska while he was in Michigan...we were able to make it work and we were over 4000 miles away from each other...also if you see him every week then you are already better off than what my dh and I were...we saw each other in person once during our time apart

rgba
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM
When does he finish?
It's time to get a firm commitment from him or tell him you will be moving on, filing for custody and child support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN