Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Without electric

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I cant seem to keep my one oil lamp lit well. I hate WalMart wicks! My candle is giving more light than the lamp! I keep forgetting to buy the forever wicks for my large oil lamps. What do you use when you dont use electricity?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Okay....great idea.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its just me home and I am trying to lower my bill.

Quoting Sassy762:

Why aren't you using electricity?

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
We use a generator when the snowstorms take the electricity out.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Candles and flashlights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I have tried adjusting it. It burns good for a min and then dies. The wick is soaked and so I know its not that.

Quoting jessi2girls:

well, I would never CHOOSE to go without electricity, but we have had the power go out from storms and such..

in the summer, we just use our oil lamps and candles... are you sure the wick is set at the right setting? Try adjusting it to make sure it's not too low or too high..

In the winter we use those, as well as having a fire in the fire place.. it's a wood burning stove, so we could also cook on it if need be... although we have a gas stove as well, so we really would only have to hand light that to cook.. lol.

notredamefan916
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

i am a spoiled little bitch... and i would die without electricity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I love the lower lighting. Its relaxing to me. My kids are in bed early when they are here and I would rather lamp light when I am alone.

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Um... I don't choose to not use electricity unless its during daylight hours and I can use natural light.
anon1986East
by Kali on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I never choose to go without electricity, if I'm alone at home I just turn on what I need. The only time I've gone without electricity is when the power fails from storms and in that case I turn on the generator.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Do you live in an earth ship?!? I'm genuinely curious! I so want to go for alternative housing one day!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Wow. Die without it? No candle light dinner? No candle lit bath? Electric lights can give me a headache.

Quoting notredamefan916:

i am a spoiled little bitch... and i would die without electricity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM
No, but I would love to live in natural housing too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you live in an earth ship?!? I'm genuinely curious! I so want to go for alternative housing one day!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)